
There are better days ahead. I know that.
I have been thinking a lot about Karma and while I have made a great many mistakes in my life - some of which had devastating results for me and others - I can't help but feel that this recent turn of events is a little extreme in terms of retribution.
There has to be something coming. Something good and beautiful and balancing.
I just have to figure out what that is... and also how not to be hiding in my bed full of Xanax and chocolate when it happens.
So send me good karma thoughts and stay tuned... we're planning a "Karma Dump" cleansing party.
I'm going to light a fire in the chiminea and we're going to drink some wine and we're all going to burn some representation of the things that we need to say goodbye to. Then sage burning and more wine and lots of good food.
I expect some crying and bonding and some laughing and some sisterhood.
Who has some bad Karma to dump?!?
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Karma
Posted by J. Denae at 5:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
While I think that we get more of what we put out into the universe (good or bad), I also know that good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to very good people. I think I could do with a cleansing and might just have a little ceremony of my own!
In high school my best friends and I would have a sleepover once a month we called "female bonding." Most months we would have a "burning." Well, not everyone's parents would let us, but when it was at my house we always did, because my mom trusted us not to burn anything we didn't intend to, and we just didn't tell my dad.
Anyway, it's very cleansing, and I'm long overdue. As a lapsed Catholic, I can say it has the same feeling as doing a true Confession, with the added bonus of bonding with your friends over your heartaches. Soul searching and healing . . .
Sounds like just what you need. I'll be joining you in spirit.
I am sending you good ju-ju all the time! Take care of yourself.
Post a Comment