BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 10, 2008

In Knitting News...

Did anyone else notice that Susan from Crystal Palace Yarns totally commented on my blog from yesterday?!? I KNOW!! It's sad how much that excited me. The only thing that would have been more exciting is if The Yarn Harlot commented. (Sorry Susan).

I do think it's cool that the company is interested in what the bloggers have to say because we are a powerful group and we can make things shake. "Word of mouth" used to be limited to the people in your general area - no longer. I had over 500 "unique" visitors last week alone, and I have a small, relatively unknown little blog. Way to go, Crystal Palace!

The other thing is that I started my very own support group on Ravelry - Yarnaholic's Anonymous. I need to slow down with this yarn ordering and buying just because I'm stressed or sad. We're going to support each other as we try to knit from our (rather large) stashes and try not to buy yarn "just because." Come and join us!!

2 comments:

Emy said...

I think I need to join that group, but I also need to join the Ravelry Groupsaholics group, because I'm always telling myself that I should wean myself from the Internets, step away from the computer and into real life, and then I join another group. Or add another blog to my Bloglines. Or buy some more yarn. GAH.

The Crystal Palace folks are lovely. :)

Rhonda said...

I KNOW I need that Ravelry group! I will join, but being in denial is just SO much more COLORFUL, don't ya think...plus it is my basic nature to be an yarn enabler so you might just end up asking me to leave...and wouldn't that be embarrassing to be the only one asked to leave a self help group...LOL....
Give yourself a hug for me!!!