BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Party, Swimming, Watermelon, Knitting and Fighting

Lots of little topics today!

My birthday party was a huge success - everyone who showed up had a grand time and we all laughed until our sides ached. My Tequila Punch was a hit as well (recipe to follow) and I had enough snacks with leftovers for last night's swimming adventure.

Tequila Punch:
Pineapple Orange juice (1 carton)
tequila (to taste... I used about 2/3 of a big bottle)
Sprite (2 liters)
Lime juice (16 0z)
sugar (optional to taste)

Last night we swam and swam until the skies darkened and lightning flashed. Then we all moved inside for watermelon and a big salad. I love community eating - getting together with friends and sharing ingredients. It's one of my favorite things, and one of the reasons I wanted to make Tuesdays for knitting (or swimming). I am loving the salads we're making and I am looking forward to cooler weather for stews!

Bean had some trouble, though. She ate a lot of watermelon and suddenly her lip began to swell. She looked like she had been stung by a bee. Her breathing was normal so it wasn't as bad as the kiwi incident, but by the time I got her home her throat was getting prickly. Benedryl is my friend. The ironic thing is that I just bought more Benedryl on Monday - fast melt strips for her to keep with her and pills for me to keep with me and neither of us had any with us. I wonder what other foods I need to worry about! And poor Bean! Watermelon is one of her favorite summer foods.

Tonight is Knit in Public - woo hoo! Bean and I will probably eat at home even though it is one of my favorite sandwich shops. I have to get my spending under control. (And the husband has GOT to get a job).

We have been - not fighting exactly - but tense. I am well past the point of patience. He is defensive and stubborn and I am angry and unwilling to coddle. Not a good combination. I think that he has been under the impression that if I am not actively screaming at him then we are fine. He is just starting to understand that my anger and impatience can simmer (apparently for months) under a daily layer of normality. I can talk to him and even laugh with him and still be angry. I think he thought that I got angry, we fought and everything started again at zero. Nope.

I am a reasonable woman... but enough is enough.

1 comments:

aija said...

Wow, the tequila punch sounds awesome! :)