I wasn't expecting you... are you early this week? No??
Time flies when you're not doing anything at all. Not even working as much as you should be!!
Seriously, I haven't worked more than 4 hours any day this week. I'm taking some vacation time from work... but maybe I should knock it off. If I save up my vacation time I can get it all in a big check when I leave.
Speaking of leaving... My friend M works for my dad right now and she is going to give her notice. My dad has this "rule" about not hiring family. (Keep in mind that my brother has worked for my dad for the last three years). The last time he had an opening in the office I was really focusing on radio as a career and I was worried that my sister would feel slighted that dad would hire me and not her. I didn't want to cause hurt feelings. I was afraid that she would (get this) stop talking to me and cut me out of her life. Hmmmm.
Somehow, neither of those factors are in play here.
Interestingly enough, Andie and I were just talking about what I would have to do to cut my hours down for next year because of school and stuff... and we discussed that with the changes in automation and stuff my job is no longer a 40-hour job (duh). If I didn't have an air shift I could do everything I needed to do in about an hour or two a day. When I leave Andie is going to rewrite my position to make it more useful for the station anyway.
Oh, and M is making more an hour than I am right now.
Here's my dream offer: 30 hours a week for my dad (which would be enough hours to qualify for health insurance) and emergency temporary hire for the station (automation and maybe a weekend shift).
On the con list: working for my dad is actual work and he is not so easy to please.
Pro: More money
Con: I couldn't just stroll in at 11am
Pro: Learning the family business
Of course, there hasn't even been an offer yet, but M and I talked last night and she said that I should be the one to replace her if I am interested and that she was going to tell my dad that.
I'm not going to hold my breath... but if he makes the offer I'm going to really consider it.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Oh, Hi Thursday!
Posted by J. Denae at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sounds like a good opportunity!
I could use the job where I only had to work a few hours a day, but got paid. LOL.
Post a Comment