BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 01, 2007

Chicago Trip

We had a great time in Chicago...

This is the first picture I took - we had been in the city for about an hour and I saw a cop on a Segway. On a Segway. I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. Where is the authority in that?
The husband didn't want me to take this picture - I think he was afraid the cop would come after us.

You might also notice that this picture is taken outside a Walgreens. After all of the crap I got for wanting to know where we could find one near our hotel we probably made four trips in the three days we were there.

After I took this picture and had a good laugh about cops on a Segway, (on a Segway!) we walked about eighty billion miles. In the humidity. Uphill. Both ways. It was apparently my punishment. We ate at Harry Carey's and went to the Aquarium. Back to the hotel for a nap - and a shower.

Then off to Navy Pier for junk food dinner - we shared a seriously topped hot dog and cheese fries and then stopped by the Ben and Jerry's stand for a Chocolate Addict shake. We walked the pier and looked at the stained glass museum.
We did not ride the gigantic ferris wheel. It's a heights thing.

We are planning a family trip with Bean and I would ride it with her...

Wicked is fantastic - go see it if you get the chance. I read the book and was really curious to see how it would translate to the stage - they did a great job and the music is wonderful. The Cubs game was fun even though they didn't score. At all. And by the time we got alllllll the way up to our seats it was the second inning. We were literally at the top of Wrigley. As in, there was nobody behind us.

We did some tourist-y shopping. I did not knit at all - I tried at Wicked while we waited for the show to start but I ended up screwing up and it was too dark to fix... and when we got back to the room at night I had enough energy to shower (again) and go to bed. Soooooooo tired.

Not a big surprise, considering how inactive we usually are!!


Before our flight we walked to a pizza place for "real" Chicago pizza. It was the best thing we ate the whole time we were there. And it was really close to our hotel. I'm glad we didn't know about it until the last day or we might not have gone anywhere else!

While we waited for our pizza we discovered the 11th Commandment.

"Thou Shall Eat Pizza"
And we did. And it was good.

Then we came home.

There were some delays on the way home and we were stuck in our teeny tiny plane longer than we wanted to be. It was a great trip but I am SO glad to be home.

I slept waaaay in today and went to work at about noon. As much as I loved the oh-so-comfy king sized bed I am so happy to be in my own bed.

And today is June 1st, and my "new eating plan" is in effect. I did not go to the gym because I am exhausted and my legs and feet are killing me.

Time for more sleep...

0 comments: