BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 11, 2007

Oh Joy Unspeakable!

The new Knitty is here!! The new Knitty is here!!!

I am sooo making some of the socks... and there is a tank top that Andie and I want to make that uses Noro Silk Garden... Prrrrr....
Though I'm not as sold on the tank top as Andie is - Silk Garden is surprisingly scratchy - anyone know if it gets softer over time? And also I am not sure that I am a tank top wearer...

But the socks!! Oh the socks. And I'm kind of digging the hemp skirt. I love you, Knitty.

In other news, I went to my core class this morning and Andie and I are scheduling walking time...
This new healthiness is feeling pretty good. I hope I can stay with it - it's really time to have some new (good) habits.

And Emy, I know that Weight Watchers is a lifestyle, and as organized plans go it's the one that is healthiest and makes the most sense... And to be honest, the "points" system is so ingrained in me that I am probably doing more Weight Watchers than anything else. But I lost and gained the same 50 pounds on Weight Watchers over and over because while I was eating "on points" I was not eating healthy enough. I would do things like eat at McDonalds and then eat carrots for the rest of the day. It takes more than carrots to erase a quarter pounder.

This approach to eating takes the good things I learned from Weight Watchers and mixes it in with what I know about the Insulin Resistance diet and then factors in the ideas from Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. Basically, I am just trying to be very conscious of what I'm eating and where it comes from and what is in it. Interestingly enough, I haven't even been craving fast food since I started... and I'm not swearing off fast food, or bad food, or good food that just happens to come from far, far away. I'm just trying to do better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that your way of eating will get results that last longer and then you can market the diet and become rich and famous and buy all your knitting friends tons of yarn with your new found wealth.

Lara said...

I love that tank, too, but the idea of a tank in silk garden makes me sweat. It does soften up, but it is WARM.

I'll see if I packed my hat I made of Silk Garden. If I didn't, I'll let you feel it. It softens up, but it also grows. My hat isn't as snug as I like anymore, since it's been washed a couple times.