I finished my Father's Day socks on time. He was pleased... he even stopped watching the golf match (game?) long enough to look at them.
For the husband we bought a new CD - Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur. It's actually pretty cool. He is a big Beatles / John Lennon fan but I wasn't sure how he would feel about other people covering John Lennon music.
My uncle smoked some meat, Bean swam despite the rain, my mom made a birthday cake for me and my sister didn't show up so all in all it was a pretty good day. So no, things with my sister are not better. I haven't heard from her since last month and that's ok with me. My dad also didn't say anything about the job so either M hasn't told him yet or he's thinking or he's not going to offer.
I'm having a Slumber Party tomorrow at 6:30 (if you live close enough and you're a female over 18 come on over). They are the most fun parties. Also, I am making my favorite tequila punch:
orange pineapple juice, tequila, lime juice, Sprite, a little sugar and limes and lemons. Hell yes!
I'm also making garlic dip and I bought a watermelon to cut up and there will be shrimp bites. Party! Party! Party! (Seriously, you're invited... if I haven't invited you personally it's because I'm a complete moron and until this afternoon forgot that I hadn't sent invitations).
Oh... and tomorrow is my birthday. Yup. I'm feeling pretty good about being in my 30's... not so good about the fact that 40 is speeding toward me at breakneck speed. When I was 20 I couldn't even SEE 30. Tomorrow I'll be 32 and I can see 40 very clearly... and I'm nearsighted.
Soooooo, I'm off to clean my house. I would rather knit. Maybe if I light candles I can get away with not dusting. What do you think??
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Father's Day
Posted by J. Denae at 9:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey...it's Monday...the 18th...it's your birthday...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
damn, I'd love to come to your party but alas, I don't live in the area...also...although I AM 21 years older than you (you can't even begin to imagine how whacked that seems to me) sounds like a really good time will be had by all.
Have a GREAT birthday!
Post a Comment