BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 04, 2007

Movies, Knitting and Swimming - Why I Love Summer!

Last night Andie and I went to see "Knocked Up." And I am a terrible mother. Horrible. Seriously. I took Bean to the movie. There were a few parts of the movie I wished she hadn't seen, but overall it was really funny and more or less harmless. There is a lot of pot smoking - and a lot of references to masturbation but I don't think it's any worse than Revenge of the Nerds - which I saw about a hundred thousand times when I was her age.

I swear that we laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!

If you saw "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and were offended... probably shouldn't see this one, but if you were on the fence about it or if you laughed (like Andie and I did) I highly recommend "Knocked Up."

Anyway... Monday is for knitting and swimming! Bean and I are going out to my parent's house in a few minutes to swim (her) and knit (me). Since the kids are not in school anymore we'll probably be swimming for awhile. We're stopping at the store on the way for salad fixings and fruit for dinner and then we're off! I didn't swim at all last summer - I was terribly self-conscious about how I look in a swimming suit. That certainly hasn't changed, in fact it might actually be worse this year what with all of the extra weight and all, but I brought my suit today and I might actually get in. Swimming laps sounds good to me. We'll see. I did not get up at 8 this morning to go exercise like I planned. I woke up with a headache and decided that sleep was better than headaches so I stayed in bed for an extra few hours. Sleep is good.

I started my Father's Day socks, as I finished Kerri's Birthday Socks last night and gave them to her this morning. Happy Birthday, Kerri!! Her birthday is not for a couple of days, but you know me - I can't hold on to a gift! The Father's Day socks are just a basic sock (but ankle length as my dad only wears socks that are ankle length). I'm using Crystal Palace "Panda Cotton" my new favorite yarn. I made Kerri's socks from the same yarn (different color) and I'm making my sockapalooza pal socks that look just like Kerri's. They were fun and easy to knit and I seriously love this yarn!

I just checked the site that I have been ordering from to post the link to the yarn and there are new colors!! Dangerous. The only reason I managed not to accidentally order yarn just now was because, well, there is very little money in my account, but also, they have not posted pictures of the new colors yet. Thank GOD for birthday money. My birthday is in a few weeks and I have a feeling that the yarn delivery man will be making a few visits.

I know that I have a problem.

1 comments:

K. Anne said...

hi! the loopy ewe (www.theloopyewe.com) also has panda cotton for the same prics, but has a flat reate ship of $5.95! (i am so going to order from them soon!) :)