As in, I can smell purple, and also I smell like purple. Because I am an idiot.
I have been a little, um, down. I know this is shocking to you as I have been hiding it so well. So last night I decided that I needed to have purple hair. Yup. Purple. Not all of my hair, just enough of it to feel better but not so much that you'd say, "what the hell is that fat girl doing with purple hair?!?" More like if my hair moved in just the right way you'd see a glimpse of the dyed hair under the brown hair and think, "Is that... purple?"
So I went to the store and bought Kool-aid and mixed it with developer and spent twenty-five minutes trying not to drip on anything. I rinsed it out and it dried and my hair was... TA-DAAAAA!!! Not purple. Not at all. Not any different in any way. Except that now it smells like grape Kool-aid, which doesn't actually smell grape. It just smells, well, purple.
You'd think I would give up. You'd think that I would sigh and say, "well, it was a good dream, but I am essentially a soccer mom and should have soccer mom hair." Fuck that.
I may not go the Manic Panic route but mark my words: I will have purple hair. Oh yes, I will have purple hair.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
I smell purple.
Posted by J. Denae at 12:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ROFL.
There was a lady at Lon's cousin's graduation party who had purple hair. And it was PURPLE. And black. And I think there was a white streak in there somewhere. She was very coiffed. And she was a soccer mom. It was a little scary. I think your purple sounds much nicer.
I'm getting the henna next time I'm anywhere near the health food store where I buy it.
Mmm...love the Manic Panic. Actually, I need to touch mine up/bleach a little more root because it's grown a bit. Perhaps that's what I'll do today.
Post a Comment