So we got a response from the seller.
We offered about $6,000 less than the asking price.
We came up by $2,000.
They went down another $1,000.We're fighting over less than $2,000 here. She bought the house ten years ago for more than $20,000 less than we're offering and it's been a rental for ten years. COME ON, LADY!!
Now we have to decide if we are actually willing to pay more than what the bank will loan us. How much do we really want this house? How important is this specific property?
I just don't know.
I've said that if it's "our" house it will happen and if it doesn't happen there is a better house for us somewhere. I'm starting to close myself off from wanting this house... trying to find distance - the emotional "out" so that I won't be lamenting this house for the rest of the decade. (Sort of like the whole, "boy I'm so glad we didn't have a baby" denial I'm so fond of).
In other news, my friend Kerri has done an amazing job on her house... I'm going to pay her in massage gift certificates to come and help me decorate my house... if I ever get one... (BIG HUFFY SIGH).
0 comments:
Post a Comment