BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 15, 2006

It's my party and I'll knit if I want to...

My wrist hurts. A lot. And last night I couldn't find my brace. And I kept knitting anyway. I even tried to knit in the continental style just for a change of pace.
Seriously? I'm stressed out right now and I need my knitting.
I also need a mostly functioning right hand, as I am indeed right-handed. So I went to Walgreens and bought a cheap-0 brace and am walking around with this very conspicuous black thing on my wrist. It does help, and it is feeling better. But today when I was waiting for Bean I couldn't help it... I knitted a whole section on her log cabin blanket (I found my camera, pics tomorrow, I promise!!). It was a bit awkward but I managed! Though I don't know if I'm defeating the purpose of the brace. I need to find some self-control. Andie and I are going to a movie tonight... I will try to leave it in the car... but while I would never knit a complicated pattern in a movie, this is row upon row of garter stitch! I could knit this with my eyes closed (ask me how I know).
I also bought some Red Heart to make a couple of the Tychus hats for various male friends and relatives. (Hi, Jesse? That hat I was going to make for you that I screwed up? I'm making another one... our of much louder colors. I'll make it first, promise!!) It has taken me MONTHS to get over the fact that I made such a stupid mistake and made an unwearable hat. I found bright orange and yellow and I'm going to try again.
Knit it loud, baby!
I got some muted "guy" colors for the others. Dark blue, hunter green, maroon, grey... you know, guy colors.
The husband signed on all of the dotted lines and I turned the papers in today. The loan person was so nice!! I told her I was having "closing" anxiety which she said was completely normal and then she said that barring some serious problem there would be no impediments to our loan. Yay us.
I got this book in the mail today from Zooba... it's about getting organized and getting rid of all of the crap in your life. (Um, yes? Were you talking directly to me? Sorry, I was under my bed looking for something I bought ten years ago.)
On Sunday I'm going over to Kerri's house to teach her to knit. (Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated). Look at me getting new knitters going!! She wants to make a blanket for her living room and I'm thinking chunky yarn on big-assed needles in garter stitch. Woo hoo!!
Check out her website, though... she just bought a house too, and has done a fantastic job fixing it up and decorating it. I'm going to bring her in to "consult" on the fixing up and decoration of my new house... I think that between Kerri (decorator to the stars) and Lara (my DIY goddess) and the force that is my parents I have a lot of work ahead of me but my house will be bee-you-tee-ful.
Our home inspection is Tuesday... I'll be sure to take pictures and post them. Cross your fingers and toes (and anything else that can be crossed) for me on Tuesday. We're almost there!!
Anyone notice that I have a little bit more energy today?? I am feeling a lot better than the last few days. I took the morning off from Hospice and ran a few errands this afternoon and am at work now. It's pretty much my "old" schedule from before the semester started. Which means that when the semester is over I will actually get some rest again. That's really a good thing to know. With the headaches that I get, and with this schedule that I have it's really easy to not see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's really easy to think, "My head is never going to feel any better. I will hurt like this forever." With this schedule it's easy to think, "I am going to go until I drop and when I drop I will have failed." I am feeling a bit more energized now, though, and it really IS all going to be ok.
Will someone tell that to my husband in a way that seems convincing?!?
So the idiot step-mother actually did something really cool. A friend of hers has an aggressive ovarian cancer and lost her hair so the idiot step-mother shaved her head in a show of solidarity. I would totally do that. As much as I love my hair (regardless of how much it doesn't love me most of the time) I would shave every bit of it off tomorrow if someone I loved lost theirs. It's all about sisterhood, you know?
I'm off to read for a bit. If some knitting jumps into my hand I might try a few stitches... but I'll keep my brace on!

1 comments:

Lara said...

I knit when I shouldn't, too. I knit contintental and I get this tendon thing in my left arm when I overdo it.

OK, I looked at Kerri's house site, and that is amazing and fast! My house wasn't that bad to begin with, so I did things little by little. And I'll use the four kids as an excuse. Heh.