BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Martha Stewart is Omnipotent... And She is MAAAAAAD at Me

It's Bean's tenth birthday today.
Every year on her birthday I stay up way late the night before making creative and amazing cupcakes for her class. I have a June birthday and missed out on the whole celebrate your birthday at school thing. Every September 20th morning I wake up bleary and exhausted from my war with the cupcakes that won't cool enough to frost until 3 am... feeling sort of like I did the morning she was born - run over and in need of serious caffeine.
This year I wimped out. I'm so busy and so tired all the time anyway that I asked her (sheepishly) if she would mind store-bought cupcakes this year. Bean the agreeable said, "Can I get chocolate ones?" (Kid, I thought, you can have gold-dipped ones as I feel sooooooo guilty).
I am a rational person (mostly). I know that she knows I love her and it doesn't matter if I made the cupcakes or if Bert in the Dillons Bakery made the cupcakes as long as she gets to wear the Birthday Tiara all day at school. (It's all about the glitter). But I still felt bad.

And Martha knows.

Look what happened to the cupcakes that were just SITTING there on a flat surface all night:






Isn't this sad? Mushed over and frosting sliding off. I am ashamed.

I'm telling you... Martha sees these indiscretions and they piss her off.

0 comments: