BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Bleh.

I'm up, I'm at work, but I feel like doggy poopy. I had a pretty bad headache yesterday that shifted into a migraine last night. My migraine medicine isn't really working anymore - it takes the edge off but doesn't really touch the focus of the pain. This morning I feel hung over and sick. My head was still hurting so I took some over the counter migraine pills - basically tylenol, aspirin and caffeine. But I'm dizzy and feel off balance - like when you stay too long on the merry-go-round, or have just one drink too many at a party. (Yes, mother, I did eat something with my medicine). Bleh.
There's a story on Weekend Edition right now about drinking and driving... I doubt I'd pass anything but the brethalyzer right now. I can't sit a straight line, let alone walk it. Anyone want to be my designated driver?? With one (glaring) exception I have never driven home when I've had too much to drink, but I have driven home too sick, too tired, too full of migraine medicine. Isn't that all the same thing? Don't we get comfortable thinking we're being responsible when there are lots and lots of times when we shouldn't drive or go to work or be responsible for anything more taxing than napping and watching Judge Judy? But who stays home? Who has that luxury? Certainly not me. If I think about it too much I can't do things like, oh, go to amusement parks or fly anywhere or drive on the highway behind (or beside) big trucks. I mean, every job becomes routine after awhile, and we all make stupid mistakes at work. At my job, if I make a mistake somebody's underwriting message doesn't make it on the air. If Bob the roller coaster guy makes a mistake people get hurt.
I have things I want to do but I might be better off going back to bed when I get home. Usually that's a great plan, but today I wanted to go to Wal Mart and I wanted to start going through the junk in our front room. I am serious about this whole "less is more" approach to my house. I have drawers in my hallway that are full of ribbons and expired allergy pills and who knows what else... I ought to just dump it all into bags and throw them to the curb. There is a LOT of stuff like that in my house. I am not going to have a garage sale. I repeat: I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE A GARAGE SALE. I am going to make three piles: keep, toss, give to the YWCA Women's Shelter. Hopefully I can be disciplined enough that the "Keep" pile is much smaller than the "Toss" and "Give away" piles. One of the other social workers at Hospice goes through her house every two months and does the big purge and clean that most people do once or twice a month. Yikes. I would ask her to help me be ruthless with my stuff but I would be too embarrassed to have her (or anyone else) see my house right now. I am seriously going to have some kind of cleaning crew come in to out house before we give the keys back to the landlord.

1 comments:

Lara said...

NO GARAGE SALES!

Good luck with the house! So exciting! :)