I don't want to jinx it... We looked at that house today. My mom liked it. My dad liked it. My dad (god love him) is practically bursting with things he wants to do to the house. He owns a marble and granite company and was all, "We've got some scrap granite that would work really well in here. We'd just pull this out and..." At that point I stop listening. I have complete trust in my dad's ideas and execution.
My husband was not so sure about the house... He did say that it had "potential," but would not say much else. He is still not completely convinced that now is the best time for us to buy a house. It is a scary step... but to me it's not any more scary than getting married or being a parent or going back to school or changing careers. Except for the getting married part, he hasn't really done any of those other scary things. He became a parent seven years into her life - a relatively calm time in childhood... old enough to be relatively self-sufficient but not old enough to scare the crap out of us with weird hair or clothes or boys.
Anyway, he had time to think about it and (finally) admitted to me tonight that he really liked the house too. A lot. He said he's ready to think about the next step in the process. For my husband that is a HUGE thing.
Seriously. You could offer him ten thousand dollars and he would say he had to think about it. He is a creature of habit and his biggest habit is pessimism. I am practically dancing on the ceiling.
So I'm going to call the realtor this week and find out what our next step is...
The people living in the house right now will be out by the end of October. We could be fully settled in by Thanksgiving.
Holy shit.
Now it's time to start the grand cleaning out of the crap.
I am a notorious pack-rat and I have the housekeeping skills of a fifteen year old boy. I am determined not to move anything into that house that I don't really need. I want to give myself the opportunity to have the kind of life and house that I can feel really good about - because I actually have a few boxes that I have been moving from house to house and have not actually opened in years.
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Shhhhh....
Posted by J. Denae at 12:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment