BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 29, 2006

Broke and Broken

Sooooo that cool pink phone I bought on Ebay? Broken. And the Verizon service center? Unhelpful and rude. To me, you know, the customer. Apparently the "service" center no longer actually services phones. Oh, and also, the least expensive phone in the store is more than $150.
Luckily, Andie to the rescue. She just got new phones in the "new every two" plan and is lending me her old phone. The only drawback is that the only charger she has is a car charger. But I can deal, right? Our "new every two" is in November.
So instead of our usual Friday night movie we had a funeral to attend... Someone who used to work at the station. I didn't know him very well but he was a really nice guy.
After the funeral Andie and I planned to go to a later movie but my car wouldn't start. At all. My boss looked at it and Andie's husband came and looked at it.
Then the tow truck guy put it up on his big truck and we took it to a garage. It's sitting in the parking lot at the garage now, all alone and broken.
Andie's husband thinks it's the fuel pump. I think that sounds expensive.
I did manage to get my knitting bag out of the backseat, but guess what I forgot? The phone charger.
I shit you not.
And I didn't get dinner. Or a movie.
And now I have a broken car and a low-battery phone and a headache and a craving for something fried with melted cheese all over it. And maybe gravy.

(Dear Explorer: I don't know if we forgot to tell you this, but we're trying to buy a house. You know, that white one that we went to five or six times. The one with the driveway big enough for you and the other car - no more street parking!! Listen, I know you don't feel well, but we really need all of the extra cash we've saved for the house and it would be really great if you could rally a little until after the first of the year. Remember the guy at the oil change place said all of your fluids looked good? That was only a month ago!! Seriously, rest tonight and let the nice mechanics take a look and just try to be inexpensive to fix. Thanks! I'll see you tomorrow! Your faithful owner. P.S. next time we change the oil maybe we'll splurge and get a fancy brand instead of the "house" brand. Mmmmmmmm... Penzoil).

0 comments: