(Still no word... but it hasn't even been 24 hours yet...)
I am not good at anticipation. I am also no good at situations that directly affect me over which I have no direct control. I am also not good at staying positive. (All reasons why I am not a lawyer... oh and there's that pesky law school). I was thinking yesterday about the chain of people who will know our fate before we do and it sort of bothers me. Everyone else will be able to walk away from this transaction with no further responsibilities and everyone else will know whether they accept our offer before we do. Does it matter? Probably not in the grand scheme of things. (Don't tell the local news stations that getting information FIRST isn't such a big deal. They will take away your television and then you won't be able to watch Project Runway). But when you're waiting - cell phone more or less glued to your hand so you don't miss a THE call - the time it will take for the seller to call her realtor and then for the realtor to call my aunt and for my aunt to call me seems like an eternity even if nobody lets it go to voicemail.
It's sort of like waiting to hear if you get a job, or if you passed the last class you needed for your degree, or (maybe to a lesser extent) how your test results came back at the doctor's office.
I keep having these very muddled dreams that include houses, natural disasters, babies (belonging to other people), dying patients, ex-boyfriends and cotton candy. I don't even like cotton candy. And with one or two exceptions I don't like my ex-boyfriends either. But they make no narrative sense when I wake up so I can't seem to get a good grasp on anything in them. Maybe it's just my sub-conscious purging the day/week/month. I do feel sort of dropped from the sky and hollow the way you do after you've thrown up everything you've eaten for a few days. I'm probably just not getting enough sleep.
Shocking, I know.
The (literal) Crack head next door is (apparently) trying to re-build part of his garage. The garage that is six feet from my bedroom window. At midnight. Swear to God. I was actually asleep before midnight and then at about 11:45 there is this thump-thump-thump-thump. It doesn't stop. I stumbled into the living room all bleary, surprising my husband and his idiot friend and I said, "Seriously?" The husband said, "I don't think he really cares if he's bothering people." I said, "He'll care if I call the police."
We all went outside for a cigarette and I kept glaring at my husband. "I am not responsible for the noise," he says (as the neighbor cranks up his radio... Fleetwood Mac). I say nothing. "It's a good song," he offers. I say nothing. He is not a confrontational guy... lover not a fighter and all that. He gives me a very sad look. "You want me to talk to him, don't you." I gave him my best "look at me acting all calm" sarcastic little smile and said, "Or I could go over there." The husband and his idiot friend both said, "No!" at the same time and he went over to the neighbor's house. After some "aren't we all good guys on this bus" banter, the neighbor turned down his radio and stopped banging.
Apparently he "didn't realize" he was bothering anybody. Stop it. If your house is less than forty feet or so from your neighbor and you are blaring music and banging outside someone's window at MIDNIGHT (even if they DON'T have to get up at 5) you're BOTHERING them. If you openly admit to smoking crack, leave half your shit all over the front yard, have two big dogs who bark at dust mites, want to move an admitted sexual predator in with you and don't shut up long enough for people to politely go inside their own homes YOU ARE BOTHERING THEM. I would strangle him but I'd have to touch him.
If he wants to bang away and blare music while the sun is up I have no gripe. People are entitled to live their lives (and remodel their garages) at will, but for the love of sheep! When the sun goes away at least make an EFFORT to shut the hell up. If all goes well we can start moving in less than a month.
Holy crap.
I have to be all the way organized in less than a month.
I need a wand.
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Posted by J. Denae at 7:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey, if worse comes to worst, you can throw all your crap, I mean, stuff, into boxes and deal with it when you unpack it. Not the preferred method, but much less stressful on a timeframe. We once had to move in less than 10 days. That's what we did.
Fingers still crossed!
Post a Comment