BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Rainy Days

This weather is my favorite. It's cool enough to need a sweater and it's rainy and dark - which makes me want to drink hot tea and knit and sleep. I should just move to Seattle and get it over with.

I was very productive yesterday! Andie gave me a to-do list at work and I got everything done!! I am a force of nature. I love this part-time stuff... and I like that on Fridays I am there all day. I can put everything off until the end of the week and then just attack the whole week at once.

Book club went well last night. There were mixed feelings about the book and mixed interpretations about the ambiguities involved. One woman did NOT like the book at all and couldn't imagine why I did - and then was surprised when I had good reasons I could back up with text. Um, Hi! I'm still an English major at heart. That is what we do.

I had such a bad headache though... all this pressure in my ears and behind my eyes. It was distracting and made it hard for me to even want to be there, so after dinner I took some ibuprofen and half a xanax. I felt a little better, but still made sure that the discussion didn't go past 9!

Then I went home and went right to bed. I was asleep before 10... but since nobody who knows me would ever think I'd be asleep that early my phone kept ringing. I hope I made sense. I haven't been asleep before midnight in a looooong time. Of course, I still overslept this morning, so I'm in my pajamas... I hope that my lunch dates don't mind! Sally and Andie and I are meeting for lunch. (Sally's home! Sally's home! Her mom and the kitties and I missed her terribly!!)

Then I'm going home to pack for my B&B adventure. We are both suffering from sinus issues... so we might just NyQuil up and sleep for two days - which is totally fine with me. It's sort of like what I would be doing at home, only with yummy breakfast and good company and no piles of clothes to step over on the way to the bathroom!

0 comments: