I was planning to make stew on Sunday, but I think I'm going to make Andie's Fabulous Soup instead. Then I can eat that all week for lunch. And Good Larry gave me some spicy basil from his garden - it's been drying all week and should be a nice addition to my soup.
And bread. Sunday I'll make some bread.
That Bad, Bad Man has a bread recipe that I haven't tried yet...
Oh it's going to smell SO good at my house on Sunday!! Of course, the weather is supposed to clear by then so it won't be a fabulous as it would have been, say, yesterday, when it only took a break from raining long enough to rain harder.
I am in the minority of people who want the rain to continue... I need to mow the yard and as long as it keeps raining I have an excuse not to.
Our Bean did not make call backs. She was very sad. It is possible that she still might be in the chorus, but she really wanted to be in the spotlight.
We talked about it and I told her to think about how much better it would feel over the next few years if she actually DID get a part - even a small one - now that she has felt this disappointment. She agreed and pointed out that she was trying out with 7th and 8th graders and she has 3 years of middle school tryouts ahead of her.
My kid is so cool. I also told her that I was proud of her for even trying out and that she should remember that there were a LOT of kids who couldn't even do that.
Poor Bean.
Sally and Andie and I went to see Burn After Reading last night. Holy cats it was funny! Brad Pitt's character is hilarious. (I think I'm finally starting to forgive him for leaving Jenn. I'm sure he will be relieved to hear that).
After the movie we went to Caffe Moderne for drinking and knitting and talking.
I love my friends.
Today I'm at work (in my pajamas) and due to an equipment malfunction I have to hang out for a few hours longer than usual. (Grrrrrrr). I also have to come in tomorrow morning for about 30 minutes. (Double grrrrrr).
But in between I will be at Twist!! Knitting and being in my pajamas and relaxing. (Yay friends!)
I was supposed to pack my lunch but I (shock of all shocks) woke up later than I planned and now I am lunch-less. Maybe the Bierock place is calling me!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Rain, Rain Don't Go Away!!
Posted by J. Denae at 10:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
M and I will be at Twist at about 4 for a bit.
Good for Bean for trying out. It really does take some guts. My girls are sad that their middle school doesn't have a drama program.
I have to admit I've been enjoying the laziness that comes with days of rain myself. As well as stew!
MMMMM! Bierocks! I miss Bierocks...
Post a Comment