Well hello, Friday! I missed you so much!!
And Bean, for the first time in weeks, is going to her dad's for the weekend... I love her more than anything in the world, but I feel like we've been attached at the hip! I know there will come a time when she doesn't want anything to do with me and I will miss this, but I really would just like some space! She tried to stay home tonight so she could go to the book club with me. I think she would be content to sit next to me all day, every day.
I think it's sweet in a way, but is this much attachment normal? Developmentally speaking? Is it just that we have a good relationship, or is it a residual effect of Bartleby?
Moving right along.
So book club tonight and I'm having lunch tomorrow with a friend who has been out of town. I have been "cat-sitting" for her, and also bringing in the mail. I did NOT snoop in the mail, but I did happen to notice this fabulous catalog and looked through it while Bean rolled around on the floor with the kitties. (And, S? I swear that's the ONLY thing I looked through!!) I want pretty much everything in that catalog. I want my whole life to look like that.
I just hope I feel better tomorrow than I do today. My allergies have been kicking my ass for the last week or so and a couple of days ago they started kicking my head, too. Right now there is so much pressure behind my eyes that I want to stick my head in a bucket of ice. Sinus infection, ugh. Dr. N gave me a Z-pack, so I should be feeling better any second now. (I love you, Z-pack).
I have been so busy (as evidenced by the lack of posting) but honestly there isn't anything to post. Work, school, VA, home, sleep, wash, rinse, repeat...
There has been some TV watching, mostly Bravo (did you see that Ricky Schroder's wife is on the new season of Top Design?) and Comedy Central. I have a refined television palette. Clearly. But I just LOVE to hate those little bastards on Million Dollar Listing and Project Runway is good this season (good-licious? God help me).
Last night I decided (sort of out of the blue) that I needed a Sam's Club membership... so Bean and I schlepped to Sam's and bought a new cell phone for Bean and a surprising amount of cheese. (Which is why I should never, ever, ever have a membership). But they had gouda and havarti!! Sliced!!! And also Laughing Cow wedges! And those little Baybel cheeses that are wrapped in wax.
I love cheese.
Sigh.
I really HAVE been taking my lunch to work a lot (especially on VA days) and good cheese makes a sandwich worth packing!! Or something.
Bean needed a new phone because hers fell into a glass of orange juice.
I probably would have been really pissed if I hadn't already done that.
Speaking of shopping, today I was poking around online and found something silly for that Bad, Bad Man... but I can't share until I give it to him. You never know when he's lurking around the blog. I would say that I will save it for his birthday, but you all know that I can't hold on to a gift for longer than it takes to stick a bow on it.
Well I'm off to the bookstore...
Friday, September 05, 2008
My Week...
Posted by J. Denae at 6:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was and still am rather attached to my mother. I turned out quite independent nonetheless!
I think it is normal at Bean's age to yo-yo from one extreme to another. I love you/I hate you. And, yeah, she might be more conscious of the fragility of human life than most kids her age.
Post a Comment