BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wednesday. Bleh Day.

I'm going to miss Gilmore Girls. A lot. And by the way, not to spoil anything, but the "series finale" was not really a "finale" at all. It was more like, um, a regular episode. There were a few finale moments, but overall it lacked the, you know, FINALE part.
Jeez.
But no crying today. Today I am getting a massage. A whole naked hour with Michelle the wonder massage therapist. Maybe she can help me relax my jaw.
I'm at work today... and I'm feeling a little weird about it. I spent the last 9 months in school cramming everything I do for work into as little time as possible. Now that I'm on a semi-regular schedule I don't know what to do with myself. I have already checked my bloglines and email... I have surfed the net for Alaskan Cruises (summer '08, hell yeah) and have moisturized my hands, cuticles and elbows. And I'm not on the air for two more hours. I could clean my workspace. I could, um, well....
What exactly is it that I'm supposed to be doing? I don't want to really ask that, lest they fill my empty time with actual work, but with the automation in place (and thriving, knock wood), and with my streamlined approach to the things that need to be done I'm sort of lost.
Not that I'm complaining. I'm just feeling a little weird about it.
This is one of the things that makes me think I should just quit next year before my big practicum starts and go work part time at Starbucks or something. Surely the station would be better off with someone who actually wanted to get stuff done. Some attention to detail obsessive person who would keep a clean workspace and come up with amazing and creative ideas for the future of public radio...
(~le sigh~)
Oh, an update on the whole Bean meltdown about hating her dad:
Last weekend she was with her dad... the other kids were not around - visiting various other relatives - so she got a lot of one-on-one time with her dad and the idiot stepmother. Today she was getting ready for school, whining that she never gets to see her sister and that spending time with her dad was boring. Seriously.
I am officially the mother of a tweenager.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom wanted to give me to the gypsies at that age...but she swears she is glad that she didn't now.