
Remember that baby sweater that I wanted to knit but couldn't find again? The one that didn't exist anywhere but in my memory? It's here. Of course it is. Now that I have officially given up and started another sweater. Now that the baby is due any second and I haven't made any progress on the new sweater at all. Of course I found it. But see why I love it? It's cute, simple, and made of sock yarn.
Saturday, May 05, 2007
Random Saturday Blogging
*****
I'll be announcing the winner of my Blogiversary contest tomorrow. Thanks, everyone, for reading and commenting. This has been a crazy year and while I have always been a journal writer it is amazing how a little feedback goes a long way. I wish I could invite you all to my house for margaritas.*****
I finished Sacred Games yesterday at 6:00 pm. Yes indeed, I read over 300 pages yesterday, finishing almost an hour before I had to go and talk about it. It is not a book I would have picked up on my own - 900 pages, crime novel, 900 pages... but it was really good. Really. Good enough that I read 300 pages in one day. Good enough that I am telling you to put it on your summer reading list. Good enough that I wish there was a second book that continued some of the story lines. *****
I love my book club. And I love my bookstore. Support small, independent booksellers - they really are important. The books for next month didn't make it on time for people to buy it for next month, so our bookstore is sending out copies to everyone who signed up last night. And, when we were done with dinner and moved over to the discussion space there were galley copies of other books on our and we all got to take one home. We are to report back to them and let them know what we think. I know that I link to Amazon a lot, but really that is for convenience. Please support small businesses. And public radio. And Heifer International.*****
I have just a few days left until the semester is really over for me. I am so relieved that I could cry. For days. I feel like I have been holding my breath for weeks and now I can almost breathe. Almost.
*****
Today my friend D's child turns four. We're going to his birthday party this afternoon, there will be cake and sock knitting. And presents. Y'all know that the one thing I love more then getting presents is giving them. And also cake. And D is the same kind of mom that I am - permissive and relaxed but also with clear expectations and boundaries. I love that. We just expect our children to act like human beings, but we also know that there is only so much you can expect from a three-year-old who has had too much sugar and no nap or a ten-year-old who has weird toxic hormones running through her little body and wants so much to be part of the grown-up conversation. D is patient and funny and I think she has done a wonderful job with G. And also, we are both very lucky. Our kids are turning out just fine. Of course, neither of us has teenagers yet. Someone pass the tequila.
*****
It's frickin' humid here. I feel like I'm in the south again. Seriously, pass the tequila.
Posted by J. Denae at 8:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment