BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday is not for Knitting. Or Panic.

Despite the fact that she stayed at home yesterday with a bad tummy my daughter is at school today. And by "at school" I mean on a field trip to an amusement park that just opened near us. Seriously. I envy the resilience of the young. The husband is still moaning (whining) in his recliner this morning. I called him a bit ago to see how he was feeling. When asked if he had eaten anything today his response was, "Uhg. Don't ask."

I have anxiety issues about amusement parks - one of my first serious panic attacks happened at one. I'm afraid that something small will happen to one of the rides and the whole thing will collapse or something. Just typing this makes me sweaty and "clenchy." I did ok at Disney World, though the last day we were there we rode the "Rockin' Roller Coaster" 15 times and the last few made me feel wrong - like statistically it was time for "something" to happen.
And now my child is running free at an amusement park.
Oh, and there is a wind advisory today. And also a chance of thunderstorms.
I'm sure she's fine. I am.

We had a "mother-daughter" moment this morning. In the bathroom. Sigh. We were both really calm, as we had talked at great length about the facts and, you know, procedures involved. I poked my head out of the shower and said, "Mazal tov. Do you need any help?" She said no. We talked before we left the house. She's all set. I need some wine. I am absolutely going to buy a bottle and I'll probably drink it all tonight. Maybe I'll let her have a swallow or two.

I feel old. And anxiety-filled.

All of my final grades are in and I no longer have a 4.0. I got a "B" this semester. And that really is ok... I put forth much less than "B" effort so I am happy with anything right now. Next year will be different. Next year HAS to be different.

Our trip to Chicago is less than a week away. I'm making lists of things to pack. We're only going to be gone 3 days so there shouldn't be a lot. (Says the chronic over-packer). Seriously though - the only real packing problem I have is what to wear on Wednesday... we're going to the musical at 2 and the game at 7 so I either need to make sure we have enough time to stop back at the room before the game or attempt to find something that will work for both. I refilled all of my appropriate medicines and the husband is working the laundry... but I also have to clean my house. Spotless. My mom is going to be checking on the cats while we're away. Ack!

1 comments:

Lara said...

I had the same mother-daughter moment a couple weeks ago with Elodie. It feels so weird, doesn't it? This slide into being the mother of someone who will be a woman. And not all that long from now, either. Weren't they just babies yesterday?

I hope Bean is having fun on her field trip. I'm not an amusement park person, but the new place looks pretty cool.