BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Socktarded, Sock-ADD, Sock Addicted

I finished sock 1 for Angie and started sock 2, but I have apparently suffered some kind of stroke and couldn't physically remember how to join in the round.
Then I got it joined and kept getting lost in the pattern. The very simple, repeating pattern. I am socktarded. But still I press on.

I am also having a really hard time not jumping over to another sock... I'm thinking of doing a bramble stitch sock - I think the pattern is pretty, and would make a good bamboo yarn summer sock. And I have some bamboo sock yarn. And it's in my bag. It's the same brand that I used for the Jelly Bean socks. Mmmmmmm, jelly beans. Here's the order of the sock parade: finish socks for Angie by Friday, start socks for Sockapalooza Pal, start socks for dad for Father's day, start socks for myself.

I love sock knitting right now. Can you tell? Are you surprised?
And I have so much sock yarn that I should never order sock yarn online again this year (or maybe even next). But of course I will. Y'all know that.

But I am also dipping my toe in the sweater pool... I know I have said this before... but finding a pattern that I like that is also large enough is challenging. WAS challenging. Now I have a secret weapon. I ordered sweater software that is supposed to help create patterns to MY specifications. I am pleased. I want to be wearing this by fall. And I want to knit socks to match. And that cute little headband. Yay me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh can you share the name of that software... that might be a great gift for my mom!!!

Lara said...

Cute sweater! I think the description is funny, though. "Into the early months of summer." Like I'm going to be wearing any sweater that isn't mostly holes in the summer around here! Hah!