Seriously.
It's after 3am and I am awake, on the computer, and watching reruns of Roseanne on Nick at Nite.
Seriously.
And I may have accidentally ordered some more yarn.
And also some books.
Knitting ones.
Seriously.
It started innocently enough... I was watching TV earlier this evening and the husband came in - he actually watched a few episodes of Knitty Gritty that I had on the DVR. (I know, right?) So we watched the episode where Annie Modesitt makes knitting magic happen all over a corset and I flew right on over to the DIY website to see the pattern. Of course there is a link to her website from the DIY site and so I clicked, and voila! I was in Modeknit land. It's pretty there. I scrolled through her book list and the husband asked which book I wanted. I pointed it out and he said, "Happy early Mother's Day, click away."
So I did.
Then just a few minutes ago I was (innocently) looking at Knitpicks and thought, "I am a WAY better mom than one book, and the Charmed Knits book comes out today and if I order more than $45 it all ships free and looky there is a pattern for a really cool gift bag and the yarn is close to Kerri's wedding colors and wow is that another knitting book that I need?"
In a whirr of mad clicking (that at one point was over $100) I settled on a "just under $50" Mother's Day present for myself in addition to the very nice Annie Modesitt book my husband bought for me.
And I still have not done any more of the things that I had to do in my last post. I have, however, made more progress on my socks and I have read about a third of the book that is NOT to be featured in Friday's book club. I also have not cleaned my kitchen or picked up the house.
And it's almost 3:30.
Pathetic.
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Pathetic
Posted by J. Denae at 4:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment