BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 07, 2007

Blogiversary Post!

First, thanks for everyone who answered my quiz... everyone got the answers correct!

What did my birthday cake say last year? "Happy Birthday Geminis, One Day Closer to Death"
What are the names of my cats? Sammie and Serena
What is my favorite color? Purple
What did we buy for our second anniversary? A house
Where are the husband and I going for his birthday in May? Chicago
Am I an X-Men fan? Nope
Where do I work? Public Radio (one person said Hospice - I was doing an internship with Hospice for my master's degree... but I counted it right anyway!)
How many kids do I have? one

Congrats to Emma! I drew her name and now she can shop at Amazon on me!

This has been a crazy year. More than crazy. Psychotic.
Birth, death, anger, fighting, new houses, new cats, sickness, cat sickness, unemployment, new friends, old friends, knitting, and hopelessness. And hope. And progress.

Some things have not changed:

My car is still full of crap. I still sleep too much and often feel like the laziest person on the planet. I still am a terrible housekeeper. I still knit like my life depends on it (and sometimes it does). My relationship with my husband has been tested and we're still doing ok.

But some things have:

Bean is becoming quite the young lady. I am a home owner. I am half-way to my degree. I have been a social worker and really helped people. I taught people to knit. I forced myself to get out of the house and have made some really good friends because of it. My relationship with my sister has been tested and we're still not ok.

But Happy Blogiversary to me... and thanks for reading and cheering me on along the way!

And stay tuned for Sock Yarn Porn: The Stash Confession on Friday.

1 comments:

Emma said...

happy bloggiversary! Thanks for the giftcard--it was a great surprise!