BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 14, 2007

Oops.

I may have accidentally ordered more yarn.

I was knitting along on my sockapalooza sock and I got to a place where I could try it on and I realized that the cuff of the sock did not fit me. My pal left very good measurements and if it doesn't fit me it's not going to fit her. I should have made it about an inch or two shorter than I did.

So I could either frog back... or move forward, decide they're actually socks for someone else entirely and order more yarn.

I went to look for more yarn, but the site I bought it from initially was out, so I panicked and googled it. Then I found it and several colors that I didn't even know about, including solids!!! Then Google said that I could save $10 on the order if I paid through them so suddenly I had ordered more yarn.

The good news is that there is a birthday coming up and I have wanted to knit for this person... and the socks will look really good on her. Also, I will start another pair for my pal and then make some for myself. And that makes me happy.

I spent Mother's Day asleep. Sleep is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cracks me up - I accidentally bought something today too. I tried it on and then I was handing over my card before I knew what was happening... I think we should get our brains checked out - we might have a disease...

Emma said...

Happy Mother's Day!

I tagged you for a meme, my gift to you. Check my blog!