BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 25, 2007

A Pretty Freakin Good Day

And it's about freakin time.

I am feeling better - my doctor is a wonderful woman who believes in the power of the Z-Pack and it's day 2 so I'm good. My doctor is also a kind and lovely woman who believes in the power of Diflucan to go along with the Z-Pack and for that I will love her for the rest of my life.
Seriously.

My doctor is also a good and loving person who, you know, listens to her patients and doesn't try to get out of the exam room as fast as she can. So when I said that the husband was having serious panic issues and then described the attacks to her she said that it was not, in fact, a panic attack. Apparently he was having a really (really) bad reaction to the ACE inhibitors in his blood pressure medicine. She gave me some samples to take home to him. He took the first one this morning and guess what? No attacks. He feels (gasp) good!! For the first time in a long time. Good.

That means that not only can he feel better about the job search but - I have my husband back. Finally.

AND... I saw Pirates of the Caribbean tonight.
And I liked it.
A lot.
It does exactly what the third movie in a trilogy is supposed to do: wraps up the story, has even more action in bigger ways and incorporates jokes from the first two movies into the dialog.

Oh, and it has Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom in it.
Orlando Bloom looks really good wet. Really. Good. And he's MY age so it's not as disturbing as I thought it was. The whole "elf in the Lord of the Rings" threw me. He looked fourteen in those movies.

AND I leave for Chicago soon. (King-sized bed with no cats and no kid here we come!!)

Of course, I'm still half-waiting for the shoe to drop. It wouldn't be me if I trusted a good day... but maybe the universe has been saving our good days until we could really appreciate them.

Knit on, knitters.

1 comments:

Lara said...

Yay! I hope this is the start of better days all around.

I know what you mean about not trusting good days. You can only handle being smacked down so many times, ya know?