BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 19, 2007

School, Shrek and Stress

Some grades have been posted. So far my 4.0 is standing firm, but I am honestly not sure what to expect from the one class that is still pending. I don't feel I deserved the A's in the other two classes so half of me says the missing grade will also be an A and half of me says I lucked out on the other two classes and can't possibly luck into another one. And it is luck. Seriously. In one class I added up my scores and divided by the points possible and I had a B. A strong, high, noble B... but a B nonetheless. In the other class... well let's just say that my attendance and attention to detail left a lot to be desired. This was a bad semester. Much worse than last semester (which was pretty freaking bad). Bad in terms of my motivation, attendance, attitude.

I did well at my practicum, my family is still together and I still have my job so I'm counting it all as a success.

And who really cares what the actual grades are for grad school as long as you pass and get the diploma?? (I do). I have never really cared much about the grades I got before, but now somehow I have this need to prove that I can do it. But what does it prove when points-wise I have a B and my grade was an A?
(Stop complaining and get over yourself already).

Right. Moving right along...

We saw Shrek 3 last night... it's ok. I love Puss 'n' Boots and the Ugly Step-sister. There are some really funny bits - even some that didn't end up in the previews! I think I might not have been in the right frame of mind for it. Bean loved it, though, and she particularly loved that Justin Timberlake was the voice of "Artie." My daughter thinks he's dreamy. I think his best work was "Dick in a Box" on Saturday Night Live. But of course, she hasn't seen that.
Anyway, the princesses are amusing, too. I really like the fact that there were jokes and references that were entirely for adults. Those really are the best family movies... I mean, they know we're going to have to take our kids to their highly commercialized, product-tie in movie so it's considerate of them to make sure there are little bits of fun in it for us as well.

I have no desire at all to see Spiderman 3, but I am really looking forward to Pirates. I love me some Johnny Depp. Orlando Bloom isn't ugly either.

I think that I'm going to do a lot of nothing today... (I know, it's Saturday, what's new?) but I really think that this shift at work it the most productive and/or active I'm going to be able to be all day. I'm even too tired to knit. It's really sad when your job is to sit in a chair all morning and that is exhausting. I haven't had enough caffeine today, but I have this reflux thing that makes drinking water painful, so I'm not really up for coffee or pop or even the iced tea that I bought this morning. Stupid me, I thought that the end of the semester would somehow release this stress, but apparently I'm still clenching. The husband is still a source of stress for me - he really needs to find a job. Not just because of the financial issues, but for the getting out of the house to go somewhere other than his mother's house and because I really think it will help him feel like he's making a meaningful contribution to me, to society, to whatever. Losing a job is a difficult thing - and he lost his father, a job he loved and a job he hated within a 6 month span of time. Plus we bought a house. Nope, no reason to stress there!

0 comments: