BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Organization Time

Hello, Internets!
I was not able to get online yesterday. It was a very sad thing, indeed. I also missed my "Knit in Public" meeting last night because my dad had something for me and I had to wait for him to get home so I could go pick it up. Today is already looking better.

I leave for Chicago in a few days and I am really getting excited! Last night the husband came in and said we should start getting organized for the trip. I explained that I was all ready to pack: I had three books picked out, plus an alternate if I should finish one of them before we leave. I have a pair of socks on the needles plus an alternate if I should finish them before we leave. I have the camera and two sets of extra batteries, Luna Bars, sample-sized face creams and my iPod is charged up and full of music.

He said, no, he meant clothes. We should get our clothes organized for the trip so that he can do laundry this weekend and we can pack Sunday night. Silly Rabbit. Doesn't he know that you pack your clothes from the dryer at 3 a.m. sleep for an hour and then race like a madperson to the airport? Has he never traveled?!?

He has never traveled with me.

Judging from the look on his face when I told him how organized I am for packing I can only imagine what he'll think of my "pack twice the underpants you think you'll need" theory. I know I have this weird underpants thing, but honestly, I can face almost any obstacle if I have fresh cotton panties on. Maybe I should have included this in my "7 random things" post.

Maybe I should change the subject.

I have been eating a lot of cereal lately. With soy milk. And I have been experimenting with soy milks... there is the regular and there is the light and there is the fat free. Apparently soy milk is like peanut butter. You can have sugar and no fat or you can have fat and no sugar but you can't have both. The no sugar soy milk tastes like milk-flavored water and the no fat soy milk is too sweet. Some people can never be happy.

I'm actually gearing up for my big "June 1st" deadline. I'm going to stop eating like Miss Piggy on a bender and start eating like I actually like my body. And also I'm going to incorporate exercise into my daily slug time. I'm not looking to be skinny or run a marathon or anything. I'm not even going to worry about a goal weight (although we all know that I have a number in mind), and I'm not going to get all crazy following some program (though the Weight Watchers website is still in "my favorites", and my copy of The Insulin Resistance Diet is next to me right now). I'm just going to try to be more conscientious about my choices.

Basically, I'm going to eat like I want my kid to eat.

3 comments:

Lon C. Teter said...

Eat like I want my kid to eat. That is actually a really good guideline!

My mom told me she's joined Weight Watchers. She last belonged back in the early 80s!

Yeah, I guess I pack more like your husband. I have all the clothes packed (for me and all 4 kids) two days ahead of time. Then I only have to pack toiletries the night before.

You're going to have so much fun on your trip!

Lara said...

Oops. That was me. Apparently Lon's account was signed in.

Anonymous said...

Hello again-
You and I must have been related in an earlier life because I read
your blog at times and would swear I wrote the words myself. I esp. agree with your packing routine. I
too pack lots of undies...cotton is my preference, no poly or silk, esp. no thong...yuck.
Also, the packing from the dryer...I'm with you there too!
Just bought the book by Bob Greene, The Best Life Diet,
wish me luck. It worked for Oprah...?!

Enjoy your trip,
April