Still no Rockin' Sock Club delivery. I check every day to see if anyone else is posting about theirs! I can't wait to see what I get... I'm working furiously on the socks that Andie and I started together, and I'm also working on her final pledge drive sock just trying to free up some needles!
I feel like it has been months since I posted, but it's only been a few days.
Bean was really mad at me for going to Kerri's for the Oscar's. We talked on Monday morning and she said she felt like she never gets to see me. I'm not sure where that's coming from, as we spent the whole day together on Sunday. THE WHOLE DAY. And the husband has been really clingy and weird lately, too. I feel like they would superglue themselves to me if they could and am feeling a little smothered by them both. So when I hear that I'm "not spending enough time" with either one of them it makes me feel a little panicked and guilty. This fatigue thing has left me with little energy or tolerance for anyone.
We're ok, though. We all talked about how we were feeling and we came to some compromises and then Monday we all went out for dinner as a family. Apparently what she wants is for us to look like families in the commercials. Out for dinner or bowling or mini golfing, talking and laughing and happy all the time. We talked about the fact that while we could certainly make an effort to do those things that kind of image wasn't something realistic that could be maintained over a long period of time. Life is messy and inconvenient and tiring and fake happy was as unsatisfying as no happy.
We did have a good time at dinner and there was laughing and joking.
Tuesday was the first day Cubs tickets were on sale and that is what I had been waiting for to book our Chicago trip. We have tickets now for Wicked and a Cubs game and we're staying in a nice hotel within walking distance of Navy Pier. Yay me, right?
Nope. Mr. Wonderful was angry at me for booking the trip without talking to him about it again. We had already talked about dates, talked about what we wanted to do and about how much we could spend. I didn't realize that our "discussion phase" was not over. He is excited about the trip, of course, but I thought that would be his first reaction, not his last. So that was disappointing.
Then on Tuesday I also found out that this small paper that was due on Wednesday morning wasn't such a "small" paper after all and I stayed up until 2 to finish it.
Class all day Wednesday and then I went home and slept until he came home. We couldn't decide what to do for dinner - and I was groggy from being asleep so hard - so we ended up at a diner. I had french toast and he ate my bacon. And that is not a euphemism, so stop it. At the diner we ran into one of my husband's friends from high school... joy.
My husband was, um, rebellious in high school. He participated with the chemically altered crowd. He hadn't seen his "friend" in ten years or so and this guy looked like he was still of the chemically altered variety. He ended up sitting with us and at one point looked at the husband and said, "Married, man, what the hell? Why'd you do it?"
Seriously? You wormy little fucking tweaker?
I could not finish my french toast fast enough.
Tonight I'm on the air for All Things Considered so I get to play "news girl" for the evening. Tomorrow is a social work conference and the book club. Welcome to the first time in a year and a half that I did not finish the book. Luckily, nobody else did either.
I need a nap.
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Week in review...
Posted by J. Denae at 2:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I heard you on the air yesterday! One of my secret pleasures is sitting in the van and knitting while listening to NPR while my big girls are in choir. So quiet and peaceful and my brain gets to think about grown-up things. It doesn't happen very often, because I usually have my two smaller kids with me and they do homework or read books to me. Or fight.
Oh, and I just read my friend Michele's blog (Bibliomaniacs) and I saw you comment on there about her Socks That Rock Club shipment. Funny. She and I have been friends for 8 years because we have kids born the same month.
Post a Comment