My sock sort of resembles something that is not a foot. Um.... it's sort of shaped like a body part I don't have. I have been assured by other blogs that this is actually ok, and that it comes from knitting a rounded toe and then using a ribbed stitch on the foot.
I just feel like if I am going to carry this around and knit on it I should be wearing a sign that indicates that it is not a giant green penis cozy, that it is in fact a sock.
I would post pictures but I'm afraid to.
The yarn delivery guy (in the brown uniform, as opposed to the delivery guy in the blue) just stopped by the office and left me the nicest little box. It's Panda Cotton Print yarn from Yarn Market. I love them. I bought some sock yarn to make my daddy some socks for father's day. And some more for me and I'm finally going to make socks for Bean. Finally.
I am still waiting on a shipment from Knitpicks (needles and KIP bags) and from Blue Moon Fiber Arts (yarn). I am happy in my little socky phase. Another blogger just received a shipment of Lantern Moon Sox Stix. I am jealous but resisting. They're lovely and all... but I am waiting for those needles from Knitpicks. Sammie (bad kitty, no, no) did gnaw on my bamboo needles. Lucky for her she gnawed but did not manage to remove the sock from the live stitches. But I hardly think that a little kitty gnawing on one end of one needle qualifies as an excuse to buy new needles.
Or does it?
Anyway, the husband just quit his job (I'm not panicked yet... five or six more days ought to do it) so I will not be ordering online with this paycheck. I will be stashing it away in case his job search takes more time than it should. Fear is a great motivator and I have been doing my level best to convince him that if he does not produce an income soon I will kill him. Dead. With my pointy sticks. Here's the thing... I have 2 more years in school and then I will be making a lot more money. And by "a lot" I mean that starting salary for my degree in this town runs into the range of what he and I made together last year. Seriously. All he has to do is coast for two more years and figure out what he wants to do and then he can go back and finish his degree with no outside distractions!!!
Of course, I would have preferred to do it the other way... I'd like to coast a little. But then coasting has never been my strong suit. I'm more likely to run until I collapse and then feel bad about being "lazy."
Well, other than looking a bit phallic my Socks that Rock are actually going well. The Blue Moon yarn is really great - I frogged the toe 4 times and it still looked like new yarn. Yay!!
Friday, March 09, 2007
My what big toes you have....
Posted by J. Denae at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're jealous of my new needles? Well I'm jealous of your swift! :D
I got some really pretty yarn that I was DYING to use so I just sort of laid it on the coffee table and clamped my winder to the edge. I held my feeding hand high above the ring of yarn....it worked MOSTLY but I do have a little ball of mess I just couldn't untangle. After an hour I gave up and clipped it off. Next payday I Have to get a swift because I just got 3 new lovely yarns I will want to use!
I think a chewed end is a reason to buy new needles! Maybe not LMs but something! Last week my cat snowshoe stole one of my needles out of my yarn OUT OF MY BAG in the middle of the night. I was absolutely panicked until I found it....undamaged(whew!)...hiding under my daughters bike glove. I'll bet she batted it under the glove and then forgot about it. Now I push my bag between my chair and end table...just in case! I love my kitty but she was on my list that day.
Thanks for commenting on my blog!
HEEHEE!! That is EXACTLY what I said my STR sock looks like...a penis cozy!!! Glad I'm not the only one that sees that!
Post a Comment