I'm guessing that talk therapy won't help...
Somehow Serena got out last night and we didn't notice until this morning. It's the first time in her life that she's been outside for longer than it takes me to fish her out from under the car.
When she got inside she was scared and jumpy... she hissed at everyone and everything and maintained a low, steady growl if Sammy was in eyesight. She would let me hold her and talk to her but her body was tense. I put her in the laundry room (where the food and water is) and she spent about an hour hiding on this chair. She finally calmed down and then she slept all day... I have never seen her sleep so soundly for so long. I don't know what happened to her last night, but whatever happened it was apparently pretty bad.
She's ok now... back to her grumpy (but not so jumpy) self. And she now shows absolutely no interest at all in getting close to the door.
My Monsoon sock fits! I am on the leg part (I switched to size 2 needles). I have almost completed the first repeat and will hopefully finish it by tomorrow.
Isn't it pretty?!?
Some knitters have complained of pooling in the larger sizes, but mine has striped beautifully. Blue Moon Fiber Arts is my favorite yarn company EVER!!
I ordered some yarn (shocker) that should be here any day now... The last of my yarn purchases for awhile. Until the husband gets another job we're all on a financial diet. He applied for a couple of jobs today and is going out tomorrow again.
I'm trying to stay positive.
I'm actually pretty nervous about the whole thing.
We have enough money in savings to pay the house payment for two months, but that was the money I earmarked for summer classes. And the whole "depleting our savings" thing is not appealing to me right now. I paid bills for this month already so we're ok for now, but the sooner he finds a job the better we'll all sleep.
Send good thoughts!!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
PTSD for cats?
Posted by J. Denae at 10:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The sock looks great! I'm on the heel flap of the class sock in SKS. Good luck with the job hunting.
Pretty! Yay!
Our cranky cat got out once all night and acted just the way you said. It took her a long time, but she does try to get out again now, but she stays on the porch or on the patio in the back.
I know all about the unemployed husband. I'll send those job-getting vibes your way.
Post a Comment