Bean is having a slumber party tonight... there will be no sleeping.
So far they have made necklaces and giggled.
They ate spaghetti and meatballs and giggled.
They played pinball with the husband and giggled.
Now they're watching The Little Mermaid and eating peanut butter popcorn.
And they're giggling.
Tomorrow we're going bowling... it's good for Bean to have friends over and it feels really good to hear her having such a good time with her friends.
Andie came by (with Starbucks, god love her) to knit for awhile. Her daughter is 21 now and in college and she really misses the giggly phase.
But not enough to stay more than about 45 minutes...
I have three (or four) socks on the needles right now... I finished my Sock that Rocks and need to cast on for the second one... and I have a basic sock and tennis socks for Bean and Andie's final pledge drive sock.
Despite the large number of socks in the works, I have cast on for a bramble stitch shawl for my grandmother. I don't even know why. It's not cool outside anymore, but I saw the pattern in The Knitter's Bible Knitted Accessories and I had some Yarn Bee Soft Delight that I found on sale for a dollar at Hobby Lobby and suddenly I was digging size 13 needles out of my knitting box and now there is pink and purple and blue fuzz all over me and the couch and now the bed. Sigh.
I actually have a few days off. Weird, eh? Unless something really terrible happens I don't have to be back in the station until Saturday morning. Crazy.
Of course, the slumber party is on until about 6 tomorrow night and then Friday Bean and I are going to a museum in town for the afternoon and then I have tickets for a musical Friday night. So it's not like I'm going to be sleeping in and not showering. That was last week. But I am really loving spring break. Really loving it. No homework, (except for those extra credit assignments... must get moving on those) no work work, my house is not clean necessarily but it has been cleaned recently and the only room that needs serious attention is the kitchen. So this week is clearly better than last week.
But JEEZ-O it's hot in here. Seriously. It's been humid all day and outside it's maybe 55 degrees but inside it's hot and humid. We opened the window in Bean's room, but our bedroom windows are painted shut on one side and covered by the headboard on the other. Fuck.
So I have the box fan in the hallway pulling fresh air form Bean's room and the ceiling fans are going... It's cooling down now.
I promised the girls a midnight trip to Krispy Kreme... they asked if they could have coffee with their donuts. Um, no.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
No lions sleeping tonight...
Posted by J. Denae at 11:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I told you the giggling would be magnified! lol.
So, I got yarn in the mail today. Enough for five pairs of socks that I want to make. And my sock club kit came, too. I only have one sock on the needles right now. How long do you think that will last?
p.s. Molly is wearing her new shirt today. :)
Post a Comment