BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I'm not Catholic anyway.

I failed my Lenten challenge. I am weak.

I ordered needles online last night... and then because KnitPicks ships free with orders over $45 I had to find some other stuff to buy (what a challenge). I noticed that their KIP bags were on clearance and that they weren't even listing some of the bags individually anymore, so I panicked and ordered the set. I've been contemplating this purchase for some time... it took the possibility that I couldn't have it ever to push me over the line.

I am weak. I am happy, but I am weak.

I am going to try to keep this a one-time failure. Honestly, I was ordering online WAY too much. Not just yarn, but clothes I don't need, book orders from Amazon, music from iTunes... and if I am running to retail therapy enough that it's costing more than actual therapy then I need to take a giant step back and think about things a little deeper.

I need to de-clutter my life. I need to have a yard sale like Crazy Aunt Purl and purge from my house (and my life) everything that is not working for me. (Except that I hate... HATE... having garage sales). Maybe I need to group things together and eBay like Kerri. Surely someone would pay $10 plus shipping for a box of my crap! Maybe selling online could be as addictive as buying online!

I'm really itching to start my Rockin' Sock Club socks... but I have socks in progress now that I need to finish before I do anything else. I also have the socks that I started with Andie. She is still moving along with her socks... I'm trying to keep pace with her so that I can show her the elements of a basic sock as she is ready for it. Denise wants to learn socks too, so I told her to go to the LYS (the only place I know of that you can buy sock supplies in town) and I would show her the next time we got together. Socks are fun. And portable. And satisfying. I did have a dream last night that I was working on the clapotis that I started so many weeks ago... sheep in a jeep! If all of my UFO's start showing up in my dreams I'm screwed!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I HATE having garage sales. Hate it. So not worth it. Sure, I could use the money, but seriously, hanging on to that stuff and all the organizing and sitting out in the garage for two days for $80? Not worth it. I just donate it all.

I haven't stuck to my lenten sacrifice either, but it has made me consider more carefully before I stuff a brownie in my mouth that I don't really want or need.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Sheep in a Jeep? Now there's a mental picture :) Come on, cast on the STR, they're calling you....

:)

And yeah, it's cool that we both know Lara, small world eh? But fair to say I've never MET Lara, not yet anyhow :D