BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Stormy Saturday



Because I don't have enough unfinished projects on the needles right now...

This sweater is on the back cover of this month's Creative Knits. It's from Plymouth Yarns. I went to the Plymouth website looking to buy it and saw another sweater that I love:





I have never knit a sweater and the only thing I ever made with cables was the Socks That Rock... ok, ONE sock that rocks. I will cast on for the second one. (I will!)
Soon.


I am tired. I had a dream last night that I was dying. I was in bed and wasting away and I just kept thinking that any second I would die and then my family could move on with their grief. In the dream I kept waking up feeling stronger and even I was getting tired of the whole emotional roller coaster of it. The thing that was most startling to me when I woke up is that I wasn't afraid to die. In the dream I was glad there wasn't any pain and all I really felt was tired, tired, tired... which is sort of a strange thing to feel in a dream, right? I was sad for my family, but mostly I was just impatient to get it over with so that they could just get on with it. Hi, Dr. Freud? I think that these dreams might indicate some kind of response to the recent deaths in my life, and maybe something about Hospice. I'm not sure though, what do you think? No, there were no cigars or sausages in any of my recent dreams. Jeez.

I went to a really funny musical (about menopause) last night with the Hospice crowd. There was an extra ticket so I called my mom and she met me there. We had a really good time - though I am not yet in my mid 30's and have some of the early symptoms of menopause and it's sort of freaking me out. Of course, I am a teeny bit of a hypochondriac. You could convince me that I have testicular cancer if you showed me the right article/movie on Lifetime/Oprah Winfrey Show. Seriously.

Thunderstorms today... Bean is with my mom and I might just go home after work and stay in bed for the rest of the day. I'm not depressed this time, I just want to make the most of the rest of spring break. What better way than to cozy up with a book and a knitting project and a movie and just veg?? I'm meeting a friend for lunch and maybe a little look around the LYS... I should NOT buy anything - for financial reasons as well as project backlog reasons. But we'll see.

0 comments: