BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hi.

Sorry about the self-pity fest yesterday... there has apparently not been enough chocolate in my diet recently. I am taking care of that right now with some fun-sized Snickers.
Mmmmmmm. Snickers.
They came from my mother in law's house so they're probably laced with arsenic. If I don't post for awhile send help.

Tuesday is for knitting and knit I did! I finished the first purple sock - pictures soon - and while I had planned to give it to Queen Nancy it matched the dress I was wearing yesterday so well that I was tempted to keep it! I will just order more yarn in a few weeks and make my own pair. I have been working on Andie's Crusoe socks, too and am almost finished with the second one. She's been waiting since the last pledge drive. That would be last October. Seriously.
I made dinner last night, and the theme was simple but good. Kerri brought some yummy appetizers (Melba toast with cream cheese and thinly sliced cucumbers. So simple, yet SO good). We also had bread and wine and it was lovely. Here's my recipe from last night:

1 package orzo
32 oz. carton of broth (I used veggie broth)
16 oz. can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup (or so) shredded Parmesan cheese

Dump the orzo and broth in a 9x13 dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove foil, mix in tomatoes and cheese and put back in oven 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Simple and good. (And inexpensive, and there were not any leftovers).

Tuesday nights are good for me. It's nice to just relax and not do anything but knit and eat and talk and drink wine. This is why I have been teaching my friends to knit. And Andie is establishing a stash!! She ordered some Knitpicks and was talking about yarn storage options. I'm so proud! And she's ready to sew the toe of her very first sock!!!
(Kerri, your sock days are coming. You can run but you can't hide).

Wednesday is apparently for irony.

This morning I wore one of my new spring shirts. It's just a t-shirt but it's my favorite green - a sort of pastel lime. After my first class we went to Chipotle and I was SURE I was going to drip sauce or beans or guacamole on "the shelf," you know... But I didn't! I didn't even spill diet Coke on myself. Amazing, right?
The later I pulled up in front of the radio station and as I got out of my car I stepped on a package of Taco Bell sauce that was on the floor of the car and it squirted all over my arm and my shirt.
Fuck.
I don't even LIKE Taco Bell sauce. The only reason I would ever HAVE Taco Bell sauce in my car is for the husband. Grrrrrrr.
I had to do my automation stuff smelling like Taco Bell sauce.

So I came home and sprayed it down with Spray-n-Wash (love that stuff) and put on my jammies.

But I can still smell the sauce. I need more chocolate.

0 comments: