BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mourning, yarn porn, cat in the cupboard

We are in mourning.
The cabled hat with the soft, lovely yarn. I dropped a stitch, rescued the stitch and dropped another one. I thought I caught that one but I apparently did something very wrong because there was a big hole.
I frogged it. All of it. All the way down.
I'm going to try a simpler hat. A much simpler hat.
BUT. Enough of the crying and carrying on.
As promised, here is the lovely Socks that Rock yarn. I love it, love it, love it.

This is the lovely hank of yarn, sitting on the lovely notebook that was sent with the yarn.



Take a moment. I'll wait.







This is the yarn on the swift. You can see the colors so much better on the swift.








Ignore the basket of laundry in the corner.



The yarn is winding nicely on the winder.

You can't hear, but I'm humming and singing softly under my breath, "winding winding winding."
I need a larger ball winder... this winder works well for 50 grams of sock yarn, not so well for 100 grams.






Taaa Daaaa!

All wound up and ready to roll.









In other news... here is Andie's sock. There were only three rows the last time we saw it... now she's knitting away and only has fleeting moments of panic.


Tonight I also showed my friend D how to get a sock going. She has teeny little feet and is a fast knitter so she'll be done in no time.

We're meeting for lunch on Saturday for hummus and the turning of the heel!






AND NOW... The bad kitty got into the cupboard again. She looks like I am bothering HER. My husband could not believe I let her sit in there long enough to get the camera. I just admire the sense of entitlement. I wish I could convey that kind of calm when I am caught somewhere I'm not supposed to be.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Have been missing you at knitting. I could use some sock-knitting support. Maybe we could have just a sock-knitting meetup sometime.

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)