I missed another knitting meeting tonight. Bean called me from school and said she was sick and wanted to come home. She seems to get sick every time she spends more than 18 hours at her dad's house... it's getting a little old. The husband was off today so he picked her up and got her situated. I finished my work and brought juice home. She feels fine, she's just still in the sniffy, coughing stage.
Sick kid aside, you wouldn't want to be at my house tonight.
The trash goes out Monday nights, so Monday nights are cat poop nights. I am in charge of the removal of the cat poop... except that last week the husband (in a shocking display of husbandly goodness) took cat poop duty. And then neglected to tell me that we were low on litter. I can't dump the old without replacing it with the new, ya know?
But it wouldn't be a Monday night without something really disgusting, right? So I decided to clean anything furry out of the refrigerator. You'd think that since we have only lived here since December and I rarely cook that it wouldn't be so bad. You'd be wrong.
So I dumped and scraped and soaked everything in the sink in bleach and then I put it all in the dishwasher and took out the trash.
Then I washed my hands. Well. With really hot water.
And then I had a snack. I found these at Wal Mart this afternoon. Honest-to-Bob 100-calorie packs of Hostess Cupcakes. (Pen included for scale - each one is about the size of my iPod shuffle). They're the cutest, tiniest little cakes but they're good and actually pretty satisfying and they do have a tiny cream center. They also come in yellow cake and carrot cake. Yeah, man.
I licked every bit of chocolate frosting off of the cellophane, too. Every one of those 100 calories was mine and I was not about to throw any of them away.
I have been knitting, but those pics are for tomorrow... I'm having a yarn porn Tuesday just for fun... expect some Blue Moon to make an appearance!
I will also be buying litter on the way home, the cat poop situation will be resolved and then you will want to come to my house.
And knit and drink some wine or tea.
And you can have some diet-friendly cupcakes, too.
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
It ends well, I promise.
Posted by J. Denae at 12:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment