BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 03, 2008

We Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Whine Fest...

To bring you some KNITTING content!

Every year the Bloggers decide they're going to knit from their stashes and not buy new yarn (except for sock yarn)(especially sock yarn). I've decided to do something a little different.

It's Knit Selfishly in 2008!! As an extension of my "No Christmas Knitting" I have decided that I will not knit for anyone else this year (unless I decide that it will make me really really happy to - for example, y'all know I'm going to be knitting for the wee bun in Lia's oven). My intention is to knit mostly from the stash, but that doesn't mean that I won't be lurking in the sock corner at Twist and typing "sock yarn" in the search engine on Etsy.

I need to do some serious stash photographing - if only to update my home owner's insurance file - so I will be posting some stash pics soon. I also managed to move quite a bit of my stash to the trunk in the living room. That was one of my favorite parts of New Year's, by the way. Both couples included fiber junkies and I opened the stash trunk and we spent a few minutes ooohing and aaahing.

I love my friends!

4 comments:

Jen in KS said...

Okay, now all you need is a Knit Selfishly button to share with all your like-minded blogger folk.


Did I just use "selfishly" and "share" in the same sentence?

Lara said...

Here are my thoughts on so-called yarn diets. When you are on a regular diet, you don't stop eating. You just want to take in fewer calories than you use up, so you end up with a net loss. I think yarn diets should work the same way. No need for extremism. Buy new yarn. Just use up more than you buy.

J. Denae said...

See? This is why I love Lara!! She is so sensible in exactly the right way!!

Lanora said...

I'm already there with you sista! For the 1st time I did no Christmas knitting and will work on my selfish knitting.