Saturday was one of those days that I just love. I woke up late, went to Twist, learned a new knitting skill and came home late. (I can now knit two socks at once!! Come to Twist in March and I'll teach you!!)
When I got home the husband was sullen and twitchy... which quickly turned to enraged and determined to fight. I did not indulge... and I just let him go. From a distance it was actually sort of funny. He said things like, "You haven't done anything to improve yourself since we got married," except get a second job and go to graduate school, and "It isn't fair that you get the house and I get an apartment," and it isn't fair that he has been living rent-free for the last eighteen months while I work two jobs and go to school. This went on for FOUR HOURS. (Another gem: "Even if we took this to court you'd win because you have a vagina. The courts always side with whoever has the vagina" - and also the job. The court likes to give houses to people who have jobs. So basically the courts like vaginas and jobs? Awesome.
Sunday was better. We actually had a conversation and were able to approach our divorce realistically.
Bean will no longer be going home to just him though. I'm taking her to class with me tonight and I have called in some reinforcements. Hopefully my brother's girlfriend will agree to spend some time with her after school on the days I have class. She's in college and does odd jobs for spending money... I was thinking about $30 a week for two days of either picking her up or waiting for the bus and hanging out with her until I get home at 7:30.
I just can't risk her walking in to him in a rage like that. Who knows what he would say. I don't believe he is physically violent, but his emotional instability has me on edge now that he really has nothing to lose.
On the proactive divorce front, I have opened my own bank accounts, set up my direct deposits, told my (first) ex-husband what is going on and started scouting for boxes for his stuff.
Monday, January 28, 2008
De Rage has dried up Denial
Posted by J. Denae at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I hope his behavior towrd this situation becomes a bit more level. Yikes! If you and Bean ever need to take a break and get away for an afternoon or whatever, please call! You are always welcome. I wish I could offer more. :)
Time to get a lawyer.
Ugh.
I have boxes. You know that moving thing? I think we've overshot the number of boxes we need.
Let me know if your Bean supervision plan won't work for whatever reason. We may be able to help out. I think it's good call not to leave her there with him alone. She just doesn't need the stress, even if he leaves her alone.
Yah, the last thing you need is for him to blow up at Bean about anything. She's a young teen (right? I'm sure you've mentioned it), that's not an easy time to begin with. Sounds like things are coming together for you. Good luck!
Stay strong and get a good lawyer!!
I am so sorry you have to deal with him. I am glad one of you is a grown up, though. Yeah, get a lawyer.
Post a Comment