BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Good Day!!! GOOOOOOOD Day!!!

Two things...

I taught myself to knit two socks at a time last Saturday... using this book... but when I got to the picking up of stitches on either side of the heel flap I got stuck. Bad stuck. Throw the yarn across the room and scream stuck. So I did what any knitter would do in that situation. I said "Well fuck you too then," to the book and the socks, stuffed them in my bag and pulled out my ONE sock on DPN's and knit rows and rows of k2p2 ribbing.
This morning I pulled the book out again, apologized to the socks and the yarn and tried it again. And I figured it out.
I am rockin' my socks now. Apparently I got sock A and sock B confused. My goal is to complete three pairs of socks using this method before the class in March so that I can work the weird out. I also talked to Shelly and suggested stitch markers that say "Sock A" and "Sock B." That would be helpful.

The second thing... If you haven't ever heard of the Sweet Potato Queens get thyself to the bookstore!!

The Queen Herownself is in town today to give a reading. She is promoting her new book, The Sweet Potato Queen's Guide to Raising Children for Fun and Profit. Watermark, aka The Best Bookstore on the Planet had an essay contest and I am tied for first place with another person and they want me to READ my essay on STAGE in front of a whole huge crowd of SPQ fans!!!! Holy CRAP!!

For the essay I used the story of how Bean shaved her arms - which you can find here if you haven't already heard me tell it.

So tonight I'll be telling it again.
On stage.
In front of a lot of people.
And my parents.

Seriously, I hope I don't fall on my face or get a spontaneous nosebleed or find myself unable to say anything but "monkey ass, monkey ass."

If you're not busy come join the fun!! Tonight at The Orpheum at 7:00. Get there early - I just found out that I'll be on between 6:45 and 7:00. It's $5 to get in - and that's a contribution directly to The Orpheum.
If you can't make it, just think of me at 6:45 pm and hope that I am vertical and coherent!

3 comments:

Knit and Fit said...

Congrats on your fabulousness!!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there! What a great story! I'll be sending all my good thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say "brake a leg", but it was yesterday that you had your reading. Congrats!