BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The student loan fairy finally showed up. I ordered my books and then bought a Trapper Keeper. A green one. And some paper.
And pencils, erasers and glue sticks, but those are for Bean.
I always get really excited about school supplies, but there is something about a Trapper Keeper that is really special. I need to find some scratch-and-sniff stickers for the inside... and some grape Hubba Bubba.

I also might have purchased some yarn... maybe...
And also an expansion pack for my Sims game.

I have the impulse control of a fifteen-year-old boy. Seriously.

BUT tonight is knitting in public at Chipotle!! I haven't been to a KIP meeting in a long time. I'm working on Tofutsie socks and Lizard Ridge, and I have 2 mystery projects going on - unfortunately they will both need to be done around the same time - which would be soon. One of them is almost finished (I think) and one of them requires some collecting and assemblage... and that's all I'm going to say about that.

I am still not sleeping. I don't know what's going on. (That's a lie, isn't it?) OK. I DO know what's going on, but I don't know how to fix it. Yet. I bought some sleeping pills, but by the time I am desperate enough to actually use them it's too late to take them. I need to just start taking them when Bean goes to bed and get sleep whether The Daily Show is on or not.
With the semester starting soon I need to get more regular sleep.

That would also be part of the "take better care of myself" pledge I made for New Year's.

I also talked to Bean this morning... she seems reluctant to leave on the weekends and it occurred to me that she might be feeling like I "need' her to stay home. I looked her in the eye and said, "You know I'm fine, right?" She said yes and looked away. I looked her in the eye again and said, "Even if I cry. Even if I'm sad. I am fine." The look of relief on her little face broke me in half. I need to be better about recognizing her fears.

3 comments:

Knit and Fit said...

I wish my student loan fairy would show up.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that they still made Trapper Keepers! I'm jealous--I love the back-to-school feeling even though law school destroyed any desires to go to school ever again.

And I want to go to Italy!

Hugs from Texas

Lanora said...

Must be that time of year -- I'm not sleeping either. Just too much stress goin on!