BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 14, 2008

The Student Loan Fairy is Late - And other disappointments

Disappointment #1
I always get the direct deposit the first day. Always. Now I'm hovering over my bank's website, refreshing my account obsessively.
Hi, student loan people? GIVE ME MY DAMN MONEY. Thank you.
Disappointment #2
The writer's strike is not over. I don't know what it is going to take for the executives to figure out that the writers need to be paid for their work. I'm ready to just download a bunch of stuff to my iPod and turn off the TV entirely.
Oh. Wait.
Disappointment #3
Doctors are conspiring to take away our caffeine.
First it was wanton casual sex, then cigarettes and vodka. Then salt, saturated fat, carbs, high fructose corn syrup and now caffeine.
What's next Doc? Yarn?!?
Is there NO vice I can cling to? Luckily one of my major vices is sleeping and as far as I know sleep is still something that we actually need to survive.
(I am watching the Colbert Report and he is eating Lo Mein. I'm hungry now. For carbs and fat and salt and sex and cigarettes and coffee and vodka. Pretty much in that order).

In brighter news:

I worked on my Lizard Ridge today at work. It's amazing to me how nice this yarn is to work with, considering how scratchy it seems. I bought some wool wash at Twist the other day so I can wash and block some of the squares.

Speaking of Twist... there is a new KAL coming. The Oblique cardigan. I bought some Eco Wool for Mr. Greenjeans, but I might use it for Oblique instead. Or I might buy some more yarn. Whatever.

I finished my first sock of the year (pics when it has a mate). I made SO many mistakes that I am surprised that it actually fits on a human foot... now I have to remember exactly where I screwed up so that I can re-create it. For example, I split the stitches up unevenly between the top and bottom of the foot of the sock. When I got to the toe decreases I had to decrease a LOT more on top... and somehow it fits really nicely.

Sally and I are planning a little weekend trip in a few weeks. It will be so nice to get out of town and have a relaxing weekend. And there will be yarn, cheese and books involved. Score!

I talked to Bean about planning a trip to Italy and she is firmly on board. She said, "So we can stay a month or something?" I said, "Well, I will still have to work... maybe ten days, two weeks." She said, "A month would be cool, though." Luckily, she is still interested in science and technology so when SHE is 32 and I am 53 she will be able to take ME to Italy for a month.

Isn't it nice that the list of things I'm happy about is longer than the list of disappointments?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on all of this. Colbert was making me want so many things--I settled for a small vodka.

I bought yarn for Mr. Greenjeans, but now I'm afraid that it will not look good on me. So I'm thinking about oblique, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so on board with this concept. I mean we are all going to die from something, why must I be miserable and suffer in the meantime.