I'm wearing sweatpants and my trusty (and oh so warm) grad school hoodie. The problem is that my pants seem to have shrunk vertically in the wash so there is a 2-inch gap between the bottom of the pants and the top of my socks.
Not a good look.
Also not warm.
Luckily, I am 32 and tired so it's OK that I don't really care.
Except that it is really cold today. Really. Cold.
And there weren't many cars on the road (as most normal people don't have to work today) so my drive to work was especially bleak this morning. I always somehow expect the first day of the New Year to be sunny and beautiful and enlightening somehow.
Doesn't it seem like the New Year should begin somewhere in March or April anyway? Isn't that when the whole "rebirth" thing happens in nature? Who makes up these stupid holidays and why aren't they paying attention to details?!?
I did finally get some sleep last night. I am trying to go without caffeine today, though, so that as soon as I get home from work I can just roll back into bed. And there is plenty of soup (and other miscellaneous party food) left over so I am not even going to have to make the decision about what to eat for dinner!!
Anyway... I'm not making any stupid resolutions this year. I never follow them anyway. But I am going to try to take better care of myself. I know that's very vague and open to interpretation... Oreos are physically bad for me but emotionally oh so good. Does that make them good or bad? I think that taking better care means that I have two or three and work on figuring out why they make me feel so much better emotionally. Hmmmmm. Tricky.
Bean will be back from her dad's house tomorrow and we're going out to dinner with Emilie and Derek before they leave town. Taking better care of myself also means vacations so we're going to plan a trip this summer to see their new house and spend more time with them. They're only here for a few days over Christmas and I have to share them with their families. It's so unfair.
Happy New Year!
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
I Look Like a Dork
Posted by J. Denae at 11:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment