Yes, I'm a geek.
I have my handy dandy Trapper Keeper stocked with paper and I'm ready to rock. I even have new clothes. My first class is "Practice in Addictions," which sounded a lot more fun before I realized that the focus is abstaining from the object of one's addiction. Where's the fun in that?
(Note to self: there probably won't be an addictions show and tell, so you can remove the eight pounds of yarn and chocolate from your bag before class).
I know, there is nothing at all funny about addiction.
I'll move on.
Last night was a blast - I had some knitters over for chili and knitting and a good time was had by all. I might be more in love with my chili recipe than it deserves, but it's my dad's recipe and it is fast and easy and makes fab-o chili. The secret? Ground beef and boneless pork chops. Once the meat is all cooked through you cut the pork into bite-sized bits and it is sooooooooo good. It's even really pretty healthy and low-fat until you add loads of cheddar cheese and sour cream. (The secret to the "low fat" is choosing the right meat and then boiling it and draining most of the fat away before you cut it up and add the rest of the ingredients).
I did not get much sleep (again) last night. The husband stayed in the den, but I just couldn't get comfortable. While I wasn't sleeping I organized my swap information... which is to say, I'm in 2 swaps right now, so I made lists of my pals' likes and dislikes and thought about possibilities for their gifties. This is my favorite part of the swap process... I love the shopping for someone else part. I have some ideas for both of them. The swap through Ravelry is not an anonymous swap, and there are only two of us (out of almost 40 I think) who smoke. (Yay!!) Despite the fact that we both were adamant about the fact that we do not smoke anywhere near our fiber we were put together. Which is totally fine - she seems like a great gal. But those of you who have been in my house or out to dinner with me know that if you didn't know that I smoked you wouldn't know that I smoked. There's a secret there, too: no smoking inside. And also? I think I smoke a pack a week. A lady at work laughed at that and said I might as well not even smoke at all... and she's right. I would be willing to bet that as soon as the husband moves out I won't smoke anymore. But quitting when there is someone in front of you is harder than I'm willing to work.
And we've cycled back to a discussion of addictions...
Thursday, January 24, 2008
First Day of Class!!
Posted by J. Denae at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Happy first day of school! You should have bean take a picture of you on the front porch with your school bag and a big grin. Except it would be dark by the time you could do it.
Post a Comment