BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Holes! In My Pants!!

I own three pairs of blue jeans. I bought them all at roughly the same time, from the same store, they are the same size.

Only one pair fits.
As in, I don't have to zip them in a horizontal position. As in, they go on, the zipper comes up with ease and they feel good on. The other two pairs?
Ugh. They dig into my waist and make me feel like I'm being cut in half by the end of the day.

Consequently, I really only wear one pair.

Consequently, that one pair has a hole forming. In the buttock. And I didn't notice until about - oh - thirty minutes ago. So I've been wandering around all day with a hole in the buttock of my favorite pair of jeans.
And I'm not young/skinny/trendy enough to patch it with something festive and move on. I would like to divert attention away from that general area. Generally speaking.

Luckily it is cold today so I've been wearing a long sweater and I don't think that anyone else noticed.

The weird thing? I keep having to remind myself not to pull on the edges of the hole that is forming. (I know. I told you it was weird). I like ripping fabric - the sound it makes and how there is this moment of tension when you think it won't rip and then RIIIIIIIIIIIIIP! It's like popping bubble wrap... just odd.

And also? When the hole is in the buttock it is generally best to leave it alone, lest people get the wrong idea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when that happens. I like playing with holes in fabric too. It's like picking at a sunburn that's starting to peel. It's weird, I know.

Lara said...

I know you were just scratching your ass again. Ass-scratcher.

;)

K. Anne said...

I always used to pick at the holes in my jeans...but then, i liked the holes in my jeans.

Dorothy said...

I have often been in the one pair of jeans predicament, and completely understand the problems with the hole.

Hi. I found you through the dishcloth swap.