BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Best Part

Just before we got to the theater last night Bean said, "Don't worry mom, everyone will laugh... one way or the other." Rotten child.

I had a great time and I did NOT yell "monkey ass monkey ass" into the microphone.

The best part, though, was not the fact that people laughed (in the appropriate places) as I read my essay. The best part was not the opportunity to meet Jill Conner-Brown AND The Cutest Boy in the World. The best part was not how gracious Bean was - considering I was basically totally making fun of her in front of 250 people. The best part was not even winning SPQ Diva sunglasses and a free copy of her newest book.

The best part was how many people showed up to support me! I know that some of you wanted to be there and couldn't make it - especially since I didn't even know about it until the last minute. My parents were there (and my dad laughed so hard I thought he was going to pee). My little brother and his girlfriend were there. Andie and the rascally Doug were there. Kerri and James (aka Mr. Kerri) were there and Shelly was there.

I feel really gushy about it - especially now. Since the divorce became a reality (rather than a nice daydream) I have been made fully aware of how many people really are there for me. It is an amazing thing to someone with my self-esteem and social anxiety issues. I am humbled and awed and so incredibly thankful for all of you and all of them.

I am also a little bit addicted now to reading stuff and having live people there laughing along. It was sort of nice. There was some 80's sitcom where one of the characters received a music box that played applause when it opened. Everyone needs one of those.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Yay!

I wish I could have been there!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful night!