BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I'm OK!"

That's actually a family joke... Bean and I are, a-hem, somewhat less graceful than we would like to be. This started when Bean was very young - younger than two. You'd hear a crash and run into her room and she would have just dropped a stack of plastic dishes or something, so she started yelling, "I'm OK" every time there was a loud noise. The first time I flew with her she was 18 months old or so and the plane made a loud noise. She hollered. "I'm OK" and the passengers in the rows around us laughed.

Of course, I am a potty mouth. So when I drop something it's "Fuck! I'm OK!"

Anyway... I'm OK. I'm still a little shaky, but my temperature is back to normal and I'm back at work. The Dream Engineer is out right now picking up Tomato Bisque from the Best Bookstore/Cafe ever, and all is right with the world.

You know how I joke about "accidentally" ordering yarn? Well, it sort of caught up with me!
I was awake for a total of about 3 hours yesterday. Long enough to periodically refill my orange juice, take more NyQuil and check my email while it took effect. According to the emails that awaited me this morning, I also ordered a knitting book from Amazon and some yarn from The Loopy Ewe.
I have no memory of this.

I remember emailing back and forth with Sally, and I managed to schedule a training class with my boss at my other job (and even managed to put it in my planner) but otherwise? All blank. If I talked to you (or sent you a senseless email) yesterday I'm sorry... apparently my Id was more active than the rest of me!

Anyway, my swaps are firmly underway! I discovered that my dishcloth swap pal can not get a certain kind of inexpensive yarn that I can get here for cheap. I am thinking that she needs a big ol' box of it along with her other goodies!!

Also, school starts for me on Thursday!! Hoo-Ray!!!

5 comments:

Jen in KS said...

As an aside, the following dropped into my RSS email box today:

http://www.foundmagazine.com/find/1245

And I thought of your blog. Rest up. Flu blackouts just suck.

Sous Chef Mom said...

I am cracking up at your post today... Tee hee hee. I'm Ok!!!! ;) Today you are ok... yesterday... LOL who knows. Specially if you can't recall ;)

NarcissusSue said...

I am so sorry you were so sick, and happy to hear you're better. I'm not quite as sorry about the online ordering incident because it made me laugh. really. hard.

Anonymous said...

You've had a rough time! I am so glad you're getting better. I too am less than graceful and end up saying don't worry or I'm OK whenever I'm around a loud noise!

Hmmm...accidental ordering? That is funny!

Anonymous said...

Ahem...

speaking of ungraceful, yesterday at work I was reaching down to pick up something off the floor and just..fell over. Amid the gales of laughter, I decided the better part of valor was to sit down in a rolling chair and attempt to pick up that object. Result? I fell out of the chair which went shooting across the room. but I'm OK... yep Im just FINE.