But still I knit on...
So here is the Crusoe sock at the beginning of the toe decreases. Anyone see anything odd? Here's a clue: the needles shown are the only needles I'm using. Yup, there are only three. Monday night I broke one of them in half and laughed at it because they came in a package of 5. I fished out the extra needle and went on happily. I had 4 needles in the car (yes, that car) and then only had 3 when I got into the house. That means one is still in my car somewhere (gasp). So rather than give up I finished using only 3 needles. The fact that I finished it is only proof that the universe can hate you and still life can go on.
But..........
I completely LOVE this sock. It is soft and thick and pretty. I was completely beside myself knowing that even if I cast on for the next one I couldn't get very far. I'll have to wait until I can get new needles. I know they have them at JoAnne's - but I really should wait until Friday (payday). I wonder if I'll be able to... and what shall I do in the mean time? Oh wait... what is that? What is sitting here innocently next to my computer? OH! It's a new fair isle sock! How did that happen?!?
The pattern calls for size 2 needles and I usually have to go a size smaller to get gauge. You may remember that I did not swatch the last one and that I promised to swatch this one. I lied. Sorry. I just used size 3 needles and knitted on. It is taking every ounce of self-control that I have to not knit on it right now...
I have a baby migraine today again. I took some advil and it's trying really hard to work but isn't quite making it. I really don't want to have to take my migraine pills - I'm sleepy already. I knitted and listened to Wicked until after 2. I have 2 CD's left to listen to and a whole other book to read before Friday and it's WEDNESDAY!!! I will probably have to skip my knit in public meeting tomorrow night.
I have an appointment for electrolysis tomorrow morning. It can't hurt more than plucking, can it? I'll let you know.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
The Universe Hates Me.
Posted by J. Denae at 12:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment