BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 26, 2006

Dude, where's my padded cell?

Things started off just fine on Thursday! I swear!! I dropped Bean off for her last day of school and went back to bed (yay!). I slept for about another hour or so and woke up to watch The Young and The Restless (no crap for this, please. I haven't recorded an episode for, like, five years. I only watch it when I'm at home and it happens to be on. Even if I had TiVo or digital recording it would be low on my priority list). I ate Oreos - the double stuffed kind, which I broke apart and made into the quadruple stuffed ones (how come I can't lose weight, anyway?).

But apparently all of that morning bliss pissed off whoever is in charge of karma or balance or whatever. I had to go to the station for my daily automation crap. I told Bean I'd come to school an hour earlier than usual and bring her a camera so after my soap I took a shower and went to work. I pulled into the parking lot and everyone (well, everyone but the big boss and my husband) was outside. Apparently a maintenance worker (in a haz-mat suit - no shit!) was spraying weed killer behind the building and accidentally sprayed some into the air intake of one of our air conditioners. Inside the radio station it smelled like there had been an accident at the black magic marker factory.

So the maintenance guys were called back and campus police made an appearence... They were soooooo much help, it was the police officer who suggested spraying air freshener so that we could all go back to work. What-fucking-ever.

Soooooo I went to Target (~ le sigh~) and bought a few summer outfits for Bean and then bought a disposable camera and went to school.

Things were good there as well - the kids were watching Nanny McPhee and Mrs. C loved her teacher appreciation socks. She's a folk-music loving kind of granola lady. I love that. Oh, and Bean made all A's again (like mother, like daughter). She is SUCH a great kid. (My husband went out an bought a new game for her Nintendo DS as a reward for working so hard this year - sweetie man).

In the classroom I was having a hard time with my cell phone... it wouldn't stay on and I couldn't call out on it - though I could send a text message - and then it broke in half. In half like I could see the crazy-small electronic bits. Scary bad!!
And I'm an idiot. I thought there was a Verizon store on the way home, turns out it was a T-Mobile store. Not at all helpful. I've had T-Mobile service, too... it wouldn't have been helpful even IF it had been the right store!
We were in a hurry because Bean's Idiot Stepmother (not wicked, just stupid) was supposed to pick her up at 5 and it was almost 4:30. (Remember that: she was supposed to be there at 5). So phoneless we went home. My husband showed her the game and she was thrilled (sweetie man). I sent her to pack her bag for the weekend and then used my husband's phone to call the Idiot Stepmother at work but she is apparently the smartest person at the health club. (I can hear what you're thinking - the Idiot Stepmother is NOT tall and skinny. I'm not sure what she does at the health club or how she got hired... if I were hiring at a club I'd want people who looked like they exercised. I know, fat people in glass houses shouldn't throw Krispy Kremes, but I wouldn't hire ME at a health club either! You should at least look SPORTY - she just looks frumpy). Anyway, the person who answered the phone said nobody by that name worked there. I tried to call the XXX but his voicemail didn't even come on. I gave up.
TWO HOURS LATER... at 7:00 she finally shows up. She apparently locked her keys and cell phone in the trunk of her car (?!?) and hadn't called me anyway.
So I drive like a freak as fast as I (legally) can and get to the Verizon store (which is closed). They close at (ready?) 7.
I threw the mother of all tantrums and wanted to go to Circuit City to buy a phone but cooler heads prevailed... luckily.
I kept stamping my feet and sputtering that they couldn't POSSIBLAY fix my phone and what the hell was I going to do without a phone?!?
But the husband held firm and said I should just wait, go by the Verizon store on the way to work today and just SEE.
This morning, Andrew at the Verizon store fixed my phone, didn't charge me for the repair and wouldn't let me buy a battery that I thought I needed.
So my phone has been restored, I didn't ahve to spend $200 (that we don't really have right now) and my husband gets to hold it over my head for the rest of my life.

But the Work Spouse and I are going to see Friends With Money tonight at the cheap theater and we're going to have Thai food first. Happy, happy girl.

And for the record:
I was totally wrong. As wrong as a wrong-thinking person could be, and my sweetie-man husband was totally right. Nobody else has ever been as right as he was last night. Love you honey!

0 comments: